(Trans/NB people) Do you plan on medically transitioning?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 11:40 pm

Or have you already medically transitioned/started doing so? Also, do you want to go on HRT and get surgery, or just go on HRT?

I personally want to go on testosterone, but I don't think I want surgery of any kind. I don't think the expenses and risks are worth surgery, plus I hate going through medical procedures. That could change after I go on HRT, though.

I like playing video games, watching cartoons and anime, reading, and cooking.

I also enjoy learning + cataloguing information about different types of animals and plants.

Empathy Quotient: 34/80
Systemizing Quotient: 104/150
Friendship Quotient: 56/140
Autism Quotient: 36/80

RAADS-R: 169

CAT-Q: 153
Compensation: 57
Masking: 47
Assimilation: 49

Your broader autism cluster (Aspie) score: 144 of 200.
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 63 of 200.
You are very likely on the broader autism cluster (Aspie).

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 1:32 pm

Personally, no, because although I'm not entirely a girl, I'm also not a boy and don't want to look more like one.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 1:43 pm

No plans changing my bodily appearance.
I don't have a form of body dysphoria.

No preferences over with what I already appear as a female.

Hormones by itself, though, that's another story.
Not because I want to be less feminine body, but because I may have an ill female body.

If it's a possible option, I'd take HRT for cognitive functioning, overall physical and mental health.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 2:22 pm

I don't really have much dysphoria regarding my primary sex characteristics, but my secondary ones give me a lot of dysphoria so that's why I'd like to at least go on HRT. I'd like to look a lot more masculine and have facial hair + a deeper voice. I don't know what I'd do about my chest since I don't necessarily mind being stuck with (small, easily hideable) breasts, but I don't like the size they're at right now + I still don't want to go through top surgery if they don't get much smaller after HRT. Maybe a breast reduction would suffice and not be as intensive of a surgery. :chin:

I like playing video games, watching cartoons and anime, reading, and cooking.

I also enjoy learning + cataloguing information about different types of animals and plants.

Empathy Quotient: 34/80
Systemizing Quotient: 104/150
Friendship Quotient: 56/140
Autism Quotient: 36/80

RAADS-R: 169

CAT-Q: 153
Compensation: 57
Masking: 47
Assimilation: 49

Your broader autism cluster (Aspie) score: 144 of 200.
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 63 of 200.
You are very likely on the broader autism cluster (Aspie).

River628
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Nov 2021, 9:35 pm

I am considering top surgery, but no HRT.

BugsBunnyFan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Nov 2021, 9:54 pm

I don’t want to medically transition at all. I know I’d really look bad as a guy. But if I could try being completely male for a day without permanent changes I would. I’d say I’m not completely binary, but not really trans either. I’m just somewhere between being a cis female and non-binary.

I only recently started identifying as non-binary. I notice the most dysphoria when I’m gendered as female when I don’t need to be. I cringe so much when people online ask if I’m male or female. I prefer having no gender at all if it’s an option.

I’m real life I just try not drawing attention to my gender. If I try to look too masculine that draws attention to my feminine traits in a negative way. Same thing if I wear anything too soft and frilly. People in real life see me as female, but I usually don’t care. I sometimes get social dysphoria when people draw an unusual amount of attention to my gender. This usually happens with guys, but it’s also happened with older women. Maybe I’m just a girl with who hates gender roles. Doesn’t make any difference either way to me since I don’t plan on coming out or transitioning in real life.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2021, 11:01 am

I'm not trans, but I wouldn't want to get bottom surgery because it greatly diminishes the amount of pleasure you are able to receive.

Unless one is non-sexual and doesn't care.

But if I were to transition, laser hair removal would be quite an ordeal for me @[email protected] But it would be nice to not have to bother with shaving/trimming the face anymore.

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 4:26 pm

I personally do not wish to medically transition at this time. My physical body isn't "wrong" per se to me - it's more the emotional/mental side.

Nateishere
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Nov 2021, 6:48 pm

I do plan on transitioning. My name is Nathan and I am a trans male and I use he/him pronouns. I have a lot of dysphoria and I have a supporting family. I do plan on getting top surgery, bottom surgery, going on hormones, and getting a hysterectomy. But, I plan on doing that in time. I may not have the money to do it, but I fear that I won't be able to transition at all. I also have a fear of going under anesthesia. I haven't had a major surgery, but I have the fear for some odd reason. I am confused on whether I should get top surgery first or get a hysterectomy first.