Why is homosexuality mistakenly associated with pedophilia?

Page 2 of 6 [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

rabidmonkey4262
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2011, 12:41 am

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
John_Browning wrote:

It's simpler than that, It's because of the shear number of incidents of sexual abuse that are homosexual acts.

Bull f***ing sh**.

well, I'm glad someone said it. Thanks Tea.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2011, 12:48 am

Perhaps it's because when the little boys who are victims of pedophilia finally grow up, they seem to 'come out' and admit being victims m ore often than women. It really does seem that more publicity is given to pedopiles that prey on little boys than on little girls, so it makes sense that in the general public mind, pedophilia is homosexuality. Why does homosexual pedophilia seem to get more publicity than heterosexual pedophilia?

Maybe because it happens more often?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2011, 12:59 am

rabidmonkey4262 wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
John_Browning wrote:

It's simpler than that, It's because of the shear number of incidents of sexual abuse that are homosexual acts.

Bull f***ing sh**.

Blame the whiskey. 8O lol

Seriously, though, I'm sick of people pulling that one out of their ass. "We hear about it more on the news" is no way to measure such things, and I've found that's exactly what people like John use to make their laughable assessments.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2011, 1:08 am

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
... Seriously, though, I'm sick of people pulling that one out of their ass. "We hear about it more on the news" is no way to measure such things, and I've found that's exactly what people like John use to make their laughable assessments.

Then what do you propose to do about it? Make a law that forces the media to report both heterosexual pedophilia and homosexual pedophilia equally? Make a law that reporting homosexual pedophilia illegal?

I think that anyone who says that there is no homoerotic motivation for same-sex pedophilia is simply denying the obvious - it's a man having sex with a boy that makes it a homosexual act, plain and simple. Sure, it's a man having sex with a child that makes it pedophilia, but it's a man having sex with a boy! Same-sex sex is homosexuality.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Last edited by Fnord on 02 May 2011, 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

rabidmonkey4262
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2011, 1:09 am

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
rabidmonkey4262 wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
John_Browning wrote:

Bull f***ing sh**.

Blame the whiskey. 8O lol

Seriously, though, I'm sick of people pulling that one out of their ass. "We hear about it more on the news" is no way to measure such things, and I've found that's exactly what people like John use to make their laughable assessments.

I do hear about heterosexual pedophilia on the news quite a bit, it's just that not many people are anti-straight, so it's not going to be used as a tool to dissipate hate. There's a similar hate-filled "argument" going on with race and crime rates. I put "argument" in quotations because that word implies that both sides have a logical basis.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2011, 1:12 am

Fnord wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
... Seriously, though, I'm sick of people pulling that one out of their ass. "We hear about it more on the news" is no way to measure such things, and I've found that's exactly what people like John use to make their laughable assessments.

Then what do you propose to do about it? Make a law that forces the media to report both heterosexual pedophilia and homosexual pedophilia equally? Make a law that reporting homosexual pedophilia illegal?

I think that anyone who says that there is no homoerotic motivation for same-sex pedophilia is simply denying the obvious - it's a man having sex with a boy that makes it a homosexual act, plain and simple.

I propose the general public wise up and stop feeding into the "OMFG IT'S THE GAY!" hysteria. The media would stop reporting it so disproportionately if people stopped eating the s**t up.

News = entertainment

It's that simple.

Of course, I know the general population will just pull up more s**t to 'prove' I'm wrong and we're all pedophiles and rapists. I mean, that's what the fundies do best, is it not?

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2011, 1:15 am

rabidmonkey4262 wrote:

I do hear about heterosexual pedophilia on the news quite a bit, it's just that not many people are anti-straight, so it's not going to be used as a tool to dissipate hate. There's a similar hate-filled "argument" going on with race and crime rates. I put "argument" in quotations because that word implies that both sides have a logical basis.

Exactly.

rabidmonkey4262
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2011, 1:18 am

Fnord wrote:
Sure, it's a man having sex with a child that makes it pedophilia, but it's a man having sex with a boy! Same-sex sex is homosexuality.

The frustration expressed by the OP comes from the fact that ignorant people will assume that homosexuals are pedophiles. No one is arguing that a man having sex with a boy is not a homosexual act; that's simply not true.

A homosexual or a heterosexual may be a pedophile, but just because someone is either homosexual or straight doesn't mean that they're pedophiles by default.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2011, 2:25 am

John_Browning wrote:
Apple_in_my_Eye wrote:
I agree (with OP), and that it is a leap I've never quite understood.

My theory is that the reasoning works like this:

"Gay sex is not normal sex,"
"pedophilia is not normal sex"
"therefore, gay sex and pedophilia are the same."

or, of course:

"eating oranges is not normal sex"
"human-animal sex is not normal sex,"
"therefore, eating oranges and human-animal sex are the same."

I think it's a case of an un-realized assumption that straight sex is "normal," and that all other kinds of sex are the same because they are not straight sex.

Do you have any statistics to back that up or are you just trying to be hateful?

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2011, 2:53 am

Fnord wrote:
Perhaps it's because when the little boys who are victims of pedophilia finally grow up, they seem to 'come out' and admit being victims m ore often than women.

Now that I'm not so irritated by this, I can reply to this.

Child sexual abuse has little to nothing to do with sexual orientation. There are just as many straight men out there that were abused as gay men.

You did manage to add a new twist to such an old misconception, though. Congrats.

Nim
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2011, 5:14 am

Its quite common throughout history for men to be with men.

But the views towards gays where the same views towards blacks, and the same views towards Jews... and probably every other hated minority in history. Between pot and hate, most people can live a relatively happy life, devoid of reality.

Indy
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2011, 6:44 am

Fnord wrote:
I think that anyone who says that there is no homoerotic motivation for same-sex pedophilia is simply denying the obvious - it's a man having sex with a boy that makes it a homosexual act, plain and simple. Sure, it's a man having sex with a child that makes it pedophilia, but it's a man having sex with a boy! Same-sex sex is homosexuality.

I don't think it's accurate to conflate androphilia with paedophilia.

The one thing that all paedophiles have in common is the age of the persons they are attracted to. The thing that all gay men have in common is the gender of the persons they are attracted to. I don't think it makes sense to concentrate on the gender of a victim (or their hair colour or favourite animal), when it is their age that makes the sex act wrong.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

02 May 2011, 7:30 am

John_Browning wrote:
:roll: Evidence?
Simply repeating the assertion doesn't count.

gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2011, 8:45 am

Here's my two cents worth:

When they say "do you know how many pedophiles that are gay?" say "Do you know how many pedophiles, murderers, rapists, thieves, muggers, terrorists and con-artists that are straight?"

Let's see how they react!

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2011, 8:54 am

Quote:
Roughly 33% of girls and 14% of boys are molested before the age of 18, according to the U.S. Justice Department.

Do you propose those are all lesbians molesting those girls then? :roll:

rabidmonkey4262
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2011, 9:32 am

Fnord wrote:
Perhaps it's because when the little boys who are victims of pedophilia finally grow up, they seem to 'come out' and admit being victims m ore often than women. It really does seem that more publicity is given to pedopiles that prey on little boys than on little girls, so it makes sense that in the general public mind, pedophilia is homosexuality. Why does homosexual pedophilia seem to get more publicity than heterosexual pedophilia?

Maybe because it happens more often?

Hey uhm, there are alot of females who have been sexually abused both as children and adults. Hate groups like to highlight the false homosexual=pedophile statement because that's fear mongering. That's the same argument racists use: "insert minority here"=criminal. If you want people to be on your side, you need to scare them into being hateful. Fear breeds hate; that's nothing new. Unfortunately that's vestigial evolutionary psychology working against the human species.