Page 1 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 1:11 pm

aspies feel like they are asexual...

true or false?

asexual = a person who is not interested in or does not desire sexual activity, either within or outside of a relationship. asexuality is not the same as celibacy, which is the willful decision to not act on sexual feelings. asexuals, while not physically sexual-type folks, are none the less quite capable of loving, affectionate, romantic ties to others.

Volodja
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 1:21 pm

Of course some do. Plenty don't though

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 2:10 pm

I think I may have some asexuality about me, because over the years I haven't acted on talking to girls because I am scared and don't know what to say, and it drove me so insane that now I just don't care anymore.

My brother's relationships full of arguing and shouting with their girlfriends has put me off too. Who the hell wants that?

TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 3:29 pm

Simonono wrote:
I think I may have some asexuality about me, because over the years I haven't acted on talking to girls because I am scared and don't know what to say, and it drove me so insane that now I just don't care anymore.

My brother's relationships full of arguing and shouting with their girlfriends has put me off too. Who the hell wants that?

i totally agree thats what put me off to. if you can deal with arguing and shouting great, if you cant then it aint so great and should be avoided no brainer really. there are some girls out there that will understand you and get you but there 1 in a million...

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 3:49 pm

I'm completely asexual. I simply don't want or enjoy sex. That used to be because I had orgasms that hurt, but now, though I've since fixed that, I still don't enjoy sex like everyone else seems to. I don't like sex in general to be honest. I'd much rather cuddle. Cuddling is always something I look forward to. :D As a result, I'm biromantic.

Last edited by Jonsi on 10 Feb 2011, 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 3:58 pm

I think asexuality and other sexual alternatives are more common in the aspie/AS pop. than the NT pop. in general.

neto
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Feb 2011, 4:26 pm

It seems to be pretty common among aspies, maybe more so than among NTs, proportionally at least. What made me discover that there was something called Asperger Syndrome and that I might have it was when I found out I was asexual.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2011, 12:49 pm

neto wrote:
It seems to be pretty common among aspies, maybe more so than among NTs, proportionally at least. What made me discover that there was something called Asperger Syndrome and that I might have it was when I found out I was asexual.

Coming Out topic

I am glad i can finally admit it: I am asexual. 8)

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Feb 2011, 2:17 pm

AS can be linked to asexuality sometimes. Some people with AS are very sensitive to being touched so some may not like being that close with anyone. Some Aspies are extremely shy & have anxiety issues that could make em disinterested in sex. Some may of had some bad experiences possibly related to bad social skills or being bullied & that could of turned em off from sex. Also medication can affect sex drive. When I was on psych meds I barely had a sex drive at all & lack of the drive may make someone think they are asexual. As for myself I am a borderline asexual I think because of lots of experiences in my life

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2011, 9:32 pm

(Ignore that other post, I wasn't really me then.)

After years of trying to be heterosexual or bisexual, I finally can accept the that I am asexual. :D (Not just now finally, like within the past year finally.)

I used to be one of those people who tried really hard to fit in and be normal. Now the thought of being 'normal' repulses me. D:

Last edited by Jonsi on 26 Feb 2011, 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Atrice
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Feb 2011, 5:18 pm

Hah. I used to jokingly tell my friends that I have the sex drive of a wet paper bag. At first this was a way of getting through high school without being bothered by advances from my classmates, but the more I said it, the more I realized that it was true. I'm just not capable of enjoying sex like it seems most people do. I think it has a lot to do with having AS -- I'm so used to over-analyzing and over-intellectualizing ever minutiae of social interaction, and sex is just another form of social interaction. And there's nothing less sexy than intellectualizing sex x_x

I identify as bisexual, but will probably wind up with a female partner in the long run. Probably because I feel like I can establish more of an emotional connection with another woman, whereas, let's face it, most men need sex in a relationship.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 10:11 am

Atrice wrote:
Hah. I used to jokingly tell my friends that I have the sex drive of a wet paper bag. At first this was a way of getting through high school without being bothered by advances from my classmates, but the more I said it, the more I realized that it was true. I'm just not capable of enjoying sex like it seems most people do. I think it has a lot to do with having AS -- I'm so used to over-analyzing and over-intellectualizing ever minutiae of social interaction, and sex is just another form of social interaction. And there's nothing less sexy than intellectualizing sex x_xI identify as bisexual, but will probably wind up with a female partner in the long run. Probably because I feel like I can establish more of an emotional connection with another woman, whereas, let's face it, most men need sex in a relationship.

Emboldened idea topic

+1

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 7:22 pm

Im pretty sure im asexual. I do like a nice female but have no intentions of anything with her.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 11:12 pm

AVEN haven topic

This is a website for Asexuals. Not too many ASpies, but there might be more; I just have not met them yet.

http://www.asexuality.org/home/ (Cut or copy and paste) 8)

jackbus01
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 5:47 am

I am asexual. I don't have an attraction for men or women. I find it frustrating because sometimes someone will say to me "hey, look at that hot chick" or something and my response is "whatever". I do have a sex drive, but I use it strictly for self-stimulation. It is a source of frustration for me because I feel a little less human. Everyone talks about being sexually attracted to others and I don't understand that.
I have a very close friend who was having a dating issue and made the comment "well at least you don't have to worry about that". He was surprised by my caustic reply. It is a sensitive topic that I am trying to comes to terms with. Because I am an aspie, and have alexithymia (which I am dealing with) and am also asexual I feel less human.

Sometimes I feel more robot and less human.

Anyway, that's the way it is for me.
If you don't understand me, its okay.
Sorry, sometimes I have a hard time with this.

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 6:53 am

jackbus01 wrote:
I am asexual. I don't have an attraction for men or women. I find it frustrating because sometimes someone will say to me "hey, look at that hot chick" or something and my response is "whatever". I do have a sex drive, but I use it strictly for self-stimulation. It is a source of frustration for me because I feel a little less human. Everyone talks about being sexually attracted to others and I don't understand that.
I have a very close friend who was having a dating issue and made the comment "well at least you don't have to worry about that". He was surprised by my caustic reply. It is a sensitive topic that I am trying to comes to terms with. Because I am an aspie, and have alexithymia (which I am dealing with) and am also asexual I feel less human.

Sometimes I feel more robot and less human.

Anyway, that's the way it is for me.
If you don't understand me, its okay.
Sorry, sometimes I have a hard time with this.
I understand how you feel. Rest assured, we asexuals are no less human than anything else. :D