Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

kiwi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Feb 2011, 9:08 pm

I went to a gay party recently and wow...

It seemed there were quite a few aspie like characters there,

I didn't mention the word aspie or aspergers, But I believe I disclosed that information to one of the engineers who was present.

And wow I got on well with him. So honest :)

Lots of people at the party were having conversations! wow... Not smoking, staring and guzzling alcohol :)

Was pretty good... I had a few long conversations.

Maybe there were more aspie like characters because perhaps a lot of the people at the party meet each other online. So was cute to go to a party full of engineers, and architects :) with the odd hairdresser and makeup artist.

Fun.

How are the gay parties in your neck of the world?
Do you go, or prefer smaller encounters?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2011, 10:14 pm

i really doubt there are any gay folk "out" in mason county, washington. out here, it is closetville, man. no gay parties here, unless they are way underground or over east in thurston county.

kiwi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Feb 2011, 10:31 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i really doubt there are any gay folk "out" in mason county, washington. out here, it is closetville, man. no gay parties here, unless they are way underground or over east in thurston county.

Come to New Zealand :P

kiwi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Feb 2011, 10:35 pm

auntblabby wrote:

OK,

one time,

I was at a art show, where multiple people spoke in front of a small audience.

There were drinks served before the talks, and smoking area outside.
On occasion I like to escape the loud banging of the Bar/Cafe to the outside fresh air, yes with smokers, and generate chit-chat.

So what I am saying this ART Show was a good opportunity to talk to new people :)

AND, :P funny as it may be, I saw a guy looking at me, so ok I stood, and let my hand limp as much as I could lol.
A silent symbol 8) for those looking :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2011, 12:57 am

must be nice. places like greater hooterville don't generally do art shows and the like

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2011, 9:53 pm

I've been to many gay parties, quiet dinner parties, beach parties, art shows, pool parties, drinking and dancing parties, BBQs, holiday parties. I can't remember one of them that I didn't have a great time or didn't feel comfortable being at.

My children had fun going to parties for children of LGBT parents as well. They always felt very comfortable and like they belonged which was very good for them since we didn't have any extended family living close to us that we could visit and do things with.

One time I took them to the first half of a drag show at a bar I use to work at. We didn't stay for the whole show because they needed to go home and go to bed. But they had their french fries, chicken tenders and cherry cokes and were able to see some of the drag queens perform and they had just as much fun as they did going to see the Nutcracker or a magic show.

I had moved into a very nice historical district where a large number of LGBT people lived and I made friends with some great people (at work, college, my neighbors) before I started going to parties and I feel that had a lot to do with it.

Your Aspie score: 167 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 35 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie.

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2011, 9:57 pm

auntblabby wrote:
must be nice. places like greater hooterville don't generally do art shows and the like
You sound like you're very remote AuntBlabby. Sometimes I wish I was very remote too.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2011, 11:25 pm

Taupey wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
You sound like you're very remote AuntBlabby. Sometimes I wish I was very remote too.

roughly 3 hours southwest of seattle. in the middle of nowhere. but it was affordable, unlike the rest of washington state.

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2011, 2:44 am

auntblabby wrote:
Taupey wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

roughly 3 hours southwest of seattle. in the middle of nowhere. but it was affordable, unlike the rest of washington state.
Sounds like Heaven. :) lol... I'm jealous. I'd ask you to trade places but I already know how you feel about Virginia. ;)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2011, 2:57 am

Taupey wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Taupey wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Sounds like Heaven. :) lol... I'm jealous. I'd ask you to trade places but I already know how you feel about Virginia. ;)

i lived just outside of DC for almost 4 years, and i can say it had one good month in the spring, and one good month in the fall. i could live there in those months, assuming i had money.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2011, 12:03 pm

Kiwi,

I think that your positive experience reflects some of the advice that I have given to people in other threads about meeting people. When you stop relying on the bars and the other conventional "gay" social spots, then much different opportunities present themselves.

By pursuing your interests, social opportunities present themselves. And where social opportunities present themselves, dating opportunities may as well.

[auntblabby: Except in Mason County, Washington. Folk there are so deep in the closet they're in freakin' Narnia!]

I am long past the age of big parties--but my (and my partner's) social circles are largely gay, so every party has a pretty high queer-quotient.

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2011, 4:46 pm

Wow, I never attended one of these... have no idea where they're held. Can anyone guide me? Anywhere in the UK possibly? Are they any similar to http://www.kurfew.com ? If so, that would rock!

kiwi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Mar 2011, 2:00 am

Mootoo wrote:
Wow, I never attended one of these... have no idea where they're held. Can anyone guide me? Anywhere in the UK possibly? Are they any similar to http://www.kurfew.com ? If so, that would rock!

haha hey mootoo :P

gosh...

Some of those images from kurfew look exciting, Oh I'm not 19, almost vintage at my 23.

hmmm :P

arh..... arty things...

http://www.pecha-kucha.org/night/

here you go... Rock on and hmmms... Mootoo I had a character in a story I wrote named Dr MooMoo. Oh I wasn't on drugs, I was in primary school when I wrote that story.