Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Sholf
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jul 2011, 1:09 pm

I'm in my late 20s and am female-bodied. Even before I began to present more as a guy, people frequently thought I was a lot younger. Ever since I was a teenager, I've been able to pass for 11 or 12...and that hasn't changed since I've gotten older. I hit my adult height and weight at about 12, and I have no interest in dressing up with lots of styling products or make up. I'm also really shy, and I like video games and am kind of emotionally immature. When my hair is cut short, I easily pass as a boy even when I don't wear a binder on my breasts.

I like being taken as a boy, because I don't really feel like an adult woman and it's hard for me to relate to women anyway. But sometimes, when I'm dealing with administrators, it's really frustrating! It wouldn't bother me at all if they weren't ageist and not take me seriously or treat me as irresponsible. Even though I look young, I've been taking care of sick or elderly family members for most of my life and am a college grad. It honestly bugs me more to be treated like a boy than to be "mistaken" for a male. If I ever get on male hormones, it will be because I want to be treated as a MAN, not as a little boy. Otherwise, I would be fine with my body as it is very androgynous and I barely need to alter anything to pass.

mb1984
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Jul 2011, 4:08 pm

I understand what you are going through. I am also late twenties, and female bodied, but I don't present as male (yet) most of the time. I also don't really present as female though. I look fairly androgenous, I wear guys clothes, I have very short hair, I rarely wear make up, and I grow a better beard than most 18 year olds, but I have a baby face and I'm barely over five feet. My vagina and breasts disgust and traumatize me and so does my period. The thought of wearing female clothing makes me want to laugh at how silly I would look.

Are you considering transitioning fully or partially at any point? It's something I haven't ruled out. Something about being who I have always wanted to be has a certain draw for me.

Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

BillyIdolFan217
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2011, 9:25 pm

I still look like a teenager!

Sholf
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jul 2011, 2:13 pm

mb1984 wrote:
I understand what you are going through. I am also late twenties, and female bodied, but I don't present as male (yet) most of the time. I also don't really present as female though. I look fairly androgenous, I wear guys clothes, I have very short hair, I rarely wear make up, and I grow a better beard than most 18 year olds, but I have a baby face and I'm barely over five feet. My vagina and breasts disgust and traumatize me and so does my period. The thought of wearing female clothing makes me want to laugh at how silly I would look.

Are you considering transitioning fully or partially at any point? It's something I haven't ruled out. Something about being who I have always wanted to be has a certain draw for me.

I'd like to get on hormones eventually, I think. I wouldn't want surgery though. If it were possible to have something fully functional (as Data would say), I would go for it, but that's not how things are now. Like you, I'm pretty hairy, but sometimes I'll be riding the subway, and see a small, geeky, hipster-type guy with a beard and feel envy, that he can have a similar body type as me and pull off looking completely masculine and adult without any effort.

biostructure
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2011, 8:09 pm

I actually like looking younger than I do, as I also feel much younger, and want to be admired for things like creativity that are associated with children anyway. I actually find the appearance of really grown-up looking men rather ugly. So I dislike ageism, NOT the fact that I look young. We do sometimes seem like a society that values mature-looking and -acting people, even if they are stupid or superficial, and doesn't take childlike people seriously even if they are brilliant and/or talented.

mb1984
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Jul 2011, 7:08 pm

Sholf wrote:
mb1984 wrote:

I'd like to get on hormones eventually, I think. I wouldn't want surgery though. If it were possible to have something fully functional (as Data would say), I would go for it, but that's not how things are now. Like you, I'm pretty hairy, but sometimes I'll be riding the subway, and see a small, geeky, hipster-type guy with a beard and feel envy, that he can have a similar body type as me and pull off looking completely masculine and adult without any effort.

I think I'd like to do hormones one day as well. It takes a few years of being on hormones to be ready for surgery, so I guess that decision would come later, if it was even possible. There is one option, metoidioplasty with urethral lengthening, that still allows sexual sensation while also allowing standing to urinate. That's what I am "interested in", as the phalloplasty I don't think would be necessary to make myself complete.

Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams.
Ralph Waldo Emerson