Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 1:55 am

White-Rose-Tree wrote:
Or am I just stupid?

I should add that my mental image/concept of myself is androgynous. I'm often surprised and annoyed by my real body (though that's for many reasons!)

I have problems with people's ages as well.

Ah, I have this problem too. Or something like it. I dont claim to understand it.

I'd love to have an androgynous appearance about me as a result, and I do get frustrated about the whole thing at times. Granted, I *do* get mistaken for a girl at times, which generally makes me feel good, but that's not quite enough.

The whole thing is very..... bizarre and aggravating. It's interesting to find that other autistics may be having very similar issues.

mb1984
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Aug 2011, 7:12 am

Misery wrote:
Granted, I *do* get mistaken for a girl at times, which generally makes me feel good, but that's not quite enough.

The whole thing is very..... bizarre and aggravating. It's interesting to find that other autistics may be having very similar issues.

I understand this. I *do* get mistaken for male at times, which is sort of weird but feels really good. It actually happened on the weekend which was awesome, but I always hate the confused look once they hear my voice.

I'm at the point as well that it's just not quite enough.

Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

theaspiemusician
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jan 2012, 9:48 pm

Well it depends honestly. There ARE people who cross dress for the heck of it, but there's also a huge chance they're dressing like that because it feels more natural and/or makes them feel better about themselves. Gender identity is the gender you FEEL, it can be the same as your birth gender, opposite, a combination of both, or neither. It's not too complicated really, some women just don't feel like women and some men don't feel like men. It may be kind of rare, but it's a natural as being gay or straight.

It can be offensive because this kind of thing is much more personal than just dressing a certain way. Not everyone is happy with the kind of person they are.

"One pill makes you larger and one pill makes you small but the pills that mother gives you don't do anything at all"

craiglll
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Jan 2012, 5:51 pm

This is an interesting discussion. It is interesting to hear this from a woman's prespective. I am a gay man. I identify as a rather masculine person and am not sexually attracted to men who aren't. I have several very close straight female friends that I ahve been friends with for over 20 years. I don't have "new" female friends but do have "new" male friends. This is interesting.