Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Apr 2010
Age: 34
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,777
Location: Cottonopolis

Scaurie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

User avatar

Joined: 10 Oct 2012
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Posts: 91

22 Nov 2012, 11:11 pm

Signed. :)


_________________
Scaurie/Koshinuke454/Ksntrk/Maria
Blog, Occasionally NSFW: http://ksntrk.tumblr.com/
Officially diagnosed, On Medication with Therapy


Chaos_Epoch
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 3 Nov 2012
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 165
Location: New Zealand, ow

22 Nov 2012, 11:46 pm

why does this need a petition? it's terrorism for f**** sake.



Thatmew
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Mar 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,959

23 Nov 2012, 1:21 am

I wonder if this isn't one of the few times where we can finally get the UN to slap sanctions on a nation for violation of human rights and its influencer, the Church.

I just wish separation of Church and State could be enforced worldwide.


_________________
Yes? What is it? Ok. Now that is good.


TheBlueEyedAlien
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 28 Nov 2012
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Posts: 127
Location: Planet Earth

23 Feb 2013, 2:00 am

Thatmew wrote:
I wonder if this isn't one of the few times where we can finally get the UN to slap sanctions on a nation for violation of human rights and its influencer, the Church.

I just wish separation of Church and State could be enforced worldwide.


You seriously did NOT need to say that.



Dragoness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 375

23 Feb 2013, 11:40 am

Chaos_Epoch wrote:
why does this need a petition? it's terrorism for f**** sake.


Do you not care about what happens to these people? If I was a homosexual in Uganda, I'd be pretty scared right now. In my opinion, even though it might not be our place to stop it, we've got to try. It's just plain not right to kill people for their sexuality.



TheBlueEyedAlien
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 28 Nov 2012
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Posts: 127
Location: Planet Earth

23 Feb 2013, 10:53 pm

Dragoness wrote:
Chaos_Epoch wrote:
why does this need a petition? it's terrorism for f**** sake.


Do you not care about what happens to these people? If I was a homosexual in Uganda, I'd be pretty scared right now. In my opinion, even though it might not be our place to stop it, we've got to try. It's just plain not right to kill people for their sexuality.


Respect. :thumleft:



Chaos_Epoch
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 3 Nov 2012
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 165
Location: New Zealand, ow

23 Feb 2013, 11:54 pm

Dragoness wrote:
Chaos_Epoch wrote:
why does this need a petition? it's terrorism for f**** sake.


Do you not care about what happens to these people? If I was a homosexual in Uganda, I'd be pretty scared right now. In my opinion, even though it might not be our place to stop it, we've got to try. It's just plain not right to kill people for their sexuality.


I was questioning why this needs a petition instead of just jumping straight in and resolving it before things get worse. I thought that was pretty self evident when I called the bill terrorism.



Yuugiri
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Jan 2013
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,049
Location: Washington

24 Feb 2013, 12:34 am

TheBlueEyedAlien wrote:
You seriously did NOT need to say that.

What's wrong with his statement? It would be great if we could replace all the theocracies of the world with democracies.


_________________
Averages
AS: 138.8
NT : 54.6


Dragoness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 375

24 Feb 2013, 11:08 am

Chaos_Epoch wrote:
Dragoness wrote:
Chaos_Epoch wrote:
why does this need a petition? it's terrorism for f**** sake.


Do you not care about what happens to these people? If I was a homosexual in Uganda, I'd be pretty scared right now. In my opinion, even though it might not be our place to stop it, we've got to try. It's just plain not right to kill people for their sexuality.


I was questioning why this needs a petition instead of just jumping straight in and resolving it before things get worse. I thought that was pretty self evident when I called the bill terrorism.


I'm sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying the petition was terrorism. My bad.

And yes, jumping in and resolving it would be great, but as far as I know, no one on this site is a part of any country's government, so we would have to petition the UN or the governments of our countries in order to do that.



GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,423

24 Feb 2013, 12:09 pm

I think this might generate more signatures if it was posted in PPR.


_________________
Omit needless words.


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 44,561
Location: Stendec

24 Feb 2013, 12:12 pm

^ It also might generate more criticism.


_________________
 
Since there is no singular, absolute definition of human nature,
nor any ultimate evaluation of human nature beyond that which we project onto others,
individuals should be judged or defined only by their actions and choices,
and not by what we only imagine their intentions and motivations to be.


hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jul 2010
Age: 48
Gender: Female
Posts: 22,023
Location: with bucephalus

24 Feb 2013, 3:11 pm

signed it, thanks for the information


_________________
on a break, so if you need assistance please contact another moderator from this list:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt237032.html


TheBlueEyedAlien
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 28 Nov 2012
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Posts: 127
Location: Planet Earth

25 Feb 2013, 4:17 pm

Yuugiri wrote:
TheBlueEyedAlien wrote:
You seriously did NOT need to say that.

What's wrong with his statement? It would be great if we could replace all the theocracies of the world with democracies.


Seperating Church from the world is not going to help the gay killings in Uganda I assure you. It's just going to make things worse.



Yuugiri
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Jan 2013
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,049
Location: Washington

25 Feb 2013, 4:28 pm

TheBlueEyedAlien wrote:
Seperating Church from the world is not going to help the gay killings in Uganda I assure you. It's just going to make things worse.

Um, what? That doesn't really make any sense, considering how religion has been used in the past to justify this kind of thing. I'm not sure if it really applies to this particular situation, but theocracies are never a good thing. I think you're misunderstanding; our goal should be separating church from state, not eradicating religion. Religion doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing, obviously, just when it's used to harm others (which may be the case here, I'm not sure).


_________________
Averages
AS: 138.8
NT : 54.6


GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,423

25 Feb 2013, 4:31 pm

TheBlueEyedAlien wrote:
Yuugiri wrote:
TheBlueEyedAlien wrote:
You seriously did NOT need to say that.

What's wrong with his statement? It would be great if we could replace all the theocracies of the world with democracies.


Seperating Church from the world is not going to help the gay killings in Uganda I assure you. It's just going to make things worse.


Please elaborate.


_________________
Omit needless words.