Is bisexuality preferable, statistically?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2015, 4:22 am

I'm starting to desire I was so... as then, naturally, one could be attracted to all of the population and not be exclusive to dating sites (as otherwise, how can one know anyone's sexuality)...

cinnabot
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jul 2015, 8:21 am

Mootoo wrote:
I'm starting to desire I was so... as then, naturally, one could be attracted to all of the population and not be exclusive to dating sites (as otherwise, how can one know anyone's sexuality)...

I'm not sure how bisexuality would remove your dependence on dating sites for revealing a person's sexuality?

Yes, you'd have a greater pool to select from, but you'd still not know anyone's preference :)

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2015, 6:47 pm

Well, it does widen your pool slightly. A heterosexual person can only get involved with a heterosexual or bisexual person of the opposite sex. A bisexual person adds bisexual or homosexual people of the same gender to that pool.

However, if you think of it as 'proportion of people I'm interested in who are attainable', then heterosexuals get the widest pool. Since most people are heterosexual, most members of the opposite sex have the potential to share your attraction. In contrast, most people of the same sex have no chance of being attracted to you. So being bisexual increases your chances of unrequited attraction.