Has the LGBT community become a deranged cult?

Page 4 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2020, 3:46 pm

robotrecall wrote:
Bumping this thread, but I think that it has become this cult because of the loud people in the TQ+. Transgender is associated with a person having Gender Identity Disorder, or Gender Dysphoria (not to be confused with Body Dysmorphia), which is what makes Transgender a Gender Identity versus sexual orientation. The Q is really what Questioning is, but they use the q***r slur in order for Gen Y/Millennials and Gen Z/ Centennials to disrespect Boomers and Gen Xer's that were degraded with that slur. Basically almost a good chunk of the "q***r" folks are heterosexual, while some polyamorous (not to be confused with polygamous folks) folks decided to latch on the q-slur label. Not every LGB or GSM folks think that transwomen and transmen are natal women or men, and not every transgender lad or lass thinks that every lesbian or gay male has to be attracted to them, since trans folks are still the opposite sex, even majority of them are pre-op, which means they still have their private parts to be male/female, which homosexuals aren't attracted to. If you don't want to date a transwoman or a transman, by the loud people in the TQ+, you're a transphobe or a TERF. A transphobe is somebody that a-logs about other trans people, and they loathe them so much they want any kind of harm done to them (basically a-logging). They've done so much as to want JK Rowling dead...

I am not super in the know of everyone's experience, but I think that I can make some replies.

As a Non-Binary person, most of my experience of what would be called transgender, a gender separate from one assigned, is not through gender dysphoria. I know a lot of people do experience it, but I am more likely to feel gender euphoria over something more androgynous than dysphoria over being seen as a man.

Sure Q can mean questioning, but to my knowledge a lot of people in the community are pretty happy that they have reclaimed queer, and the word can mean a lot of different things without putting a single label, which means that it can be a little bit of a catchall to people who don't know where they fit. I don't think that there is any intended disrespect against Boomers and gen X.

My knowledge of the trans community is that the vast majority accept things like people having genital preferences. But I do think that you are being mighty presumptive to say that a homosexual person won't be attracted to a trans person of the same gender as them, and that trans people cannot be accepted as their gender before getting operations. Someone is not a transphobe just because they chose not to date a transgender person.

robotrecall
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

Location: In a floating candy house with a flying pet unicorn

10 Sep 2020, 5:28 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
robotrecall wrote:
Bumping this thread, but I think that it has become this cult because of the loud people in the TQ+. Transgender is associated with a person having Gender Identity Disorder, or Gender Dysphoria (not to be confused with Body Dysmorphia), which is what makes Transgender a Gender Identity versus sexual orientation. The Q is really what Questioning is, but they use the q***r slur in order for Gen Y/Millennials and Gen Z/ Centennials to disrespect Boomers and Gen Xer's that were degraded with that slur. Basically almost a good chunk of the "q***r" folks are heterosexual, while some polyamorous (not to be confused with polygamous folks) folks decided to latch on the q-slur label. Not every LGB or GSM folks think that transwomen and transmen are natal women or men, and not every transgender lad or lass thinks that every lesbian or gay male has to be attracted to them, since trans folks are still the opposite sex, even majority of them are pre-op, which means they still have their private parts to be male/female, which homosexuals aren't attracted to. If you don't want to date a transwoman or a transman, by the loud people in the TQ+, you're a transphobe or a TERF. A transphobe is somebody that a-logs about other trans people, and they loathe them so much they want any kind of harm done to them (basically a-logging). They've done so much as to want JK Rowling dead...

I am not super in the know of everyone's experience, but I think that I can make some replies.

As a Non-Binary person, most of my experience of what would be called transgender, a gender separate from one assigned, is not through gender dysphoria. I know a lot of people do experience it, but I am more likely to feel gender euphoria over something more androgynous than dysphoria over being seen as a man.

Sure Q can mean questioning, but to my knowledge a lot of people in the community are pretty happy that they have reclaimed queer, and the word can mean a lot of different things without putting a single label, which means that it can be a little bit of a catchall to people who don't know where they fit. I don't think that there is any intended disrespect against Boomers and gen X.

My knowledge of the trans community is that the vast majority accept things like people having genital preferences. But I do think that you are being mighty presumptive to say that a homosexual person won't be attracted to a trans person of the same gender as them, and that trans people cannot be accepted as their gender before getting operations. Someone is not a transphobe just because they chose not to date a transgender person.

Q***r has a bad history, and it's still used as a slur today. If you date transwomen when you're a natal female, that would make you bisexual, because homosexuals have same sex attraction. Even if the transwoman is post-op, that would still be bisexual since the transwoman still has XY chromosomes, meaning they may still present as the opposite gender, but they're not the same sex.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2020, 6:18 pm

robotrecall wrote:
Q***r has a bad history, and it's still used as a slur today. If you date transwomen when you're a natal female, that would make you bisexual, because homosexuals have same sex attraction. Even if the transwoman is post-op, that would still be bisexual since the transwoman still has XY chromosomes, meaning they may still present as the opposite gender, but they're not the same sex.

I think that this is being a bit reductionist, putting sexuality down to a partner's sex rather than gender. I really don't think that people are attracted to chromosomes, and I think that a transwoman is more likely to attract people who are attracted to women when presenting as their desired gender, as a transman is more likely to attract people who are attracted to men. A bisexual person might have an easier time getting past a mismatch of gender and certain sex characteristics, but I think that it is incredibly silly to say someone has to be bisexual to be attracted to a trans person. I think that people need to get more comfortable with the existence of trans people, but this is not forcing anyone.

As it stands, sex is also a bimodal distribution, where most people are going to be on the side of male or female, where they have many of the common traits, then you have intersex people that that have traits that can largely conflict with the common traits of either side. XY and XX are not the only combinations, and might not always be indicative of other traits. But also, people can also drift slightly along the bimodal distribution, after all those of either sex has testosterone and estrogen, and to varying amounts. Things like hormone therapy can move people closer to their desired gender/sex.

It is fine if you consider yourself as not being able to be attracted to a trans person, but I would encourage you not to boil people down to their birth sex; their gender assigned at birth. It is kind of as offensive as your claim at the word "queer" being used.

Offset
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Sep 2020, 6:29 pm

robotrecall wrote:

Enough of that. I'm not transgender no, I'm a flamboyant autistic gay man, but I don't judge others. "TQ" deserve to be apart of our community as well, as there is some overlap.

Gender identity politics and sexual orientation politics are not the same no, but they are still connected in the same atmosphere. It makes no sense (especially now) to further deviate like that. We have all types of issues on going with sociology (not limited to race, sexuality, identity, mental illness etc.) and if you want to mess up things further, then go on ahead and have bigoted stances like that.

I've noticed as of late a lot of ignorant people are having this universal annoying ass stance that it's the "LGB" and not the "LGBTQ" community, and also people saying that the LGBT community is becoming a cult or toxic (which there are specific things within the LGBT community that need to be discussed), which is not necessarily entirely true at all.

I'm really wearing this with this community, as I assumed and hoped different when I joined. It's oh so difficult being a black gay autistic man, and I feel all this divisiveness and separatism is very hurtful. You would think in 2020 people would have more common sense than that.

robotrecall
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Sep 2020, 2:38 pm

Just because I may have a different opinion doesn't make it bigoted. If you look up homosexual, it says a person attracted to the same sex. I prefer GSM rather than the alphabet soup because it has more harmless people and different ideologies than that. It's just most people accept that because you're LGBT it means you have to think and act like everyone else. Same with having ASD. I sure know well that since I'm a Center-Libertarian, I won't have a whole lot in common with what most people think LGBT individuals or ASD folks political views are, and I'm okay with that. I also don't want any infighting in this thread, but it seems to be almost heading to that direction.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2020, 5:41 pm

I am not making any accusations of you being bigoted, especially from simply a different opinion.

The definition of sexuality being definitionally linked to sex is I think a bit of messy language, especially since some definitions of homosexuality mention it as attraction to one's own sex or gender, and you see others that mention a lesbian is a woman attracted to a woman, and a gay is a man attracted to a man. And also by definition a transwoman is a woman and a transman is a many, a transwoman can be a lesbian and a transman can be gay.

But I do understand the finicky elements of these questions, I again identify as non-binary, but I assume most who would have an attraction to me would be because of an attraction to men, they might not feel same things towards AFAB non-binary people that still seem more feminine. But I also had to pull at a string within my mind when I was coming to term with ideas of gender that showed some internalised transphobia and homophobia that led to myself realising that I had been repressing myself as bisexual. I of course don't think all people would come to the same conclusion of identity, and in fact know that I probably can't be a good test for the thoughts of only same or opposite sex attraction, but I do think even LGBT people can hold onto subconscious homophobia and transphobia.

I am not accusing you of being such, but there are some notable transphobic lesbians out there, such as Arielle Scarcella, who although might even be friendly with transgender people, do not see them as their identified gender and say transwomen are not really women. It goes beyond just a personal preference of things like genitals or individual taste in a person, and has the potential of being more harmful in the long run of accepting genders. The old guard of LGBT rights are especially at risk of themselves becoming toxic to the further movement, such as the kinds that may have called themselves things like "transexuals" pushing transmedicalism and not accepting non-binary people as valid.

I can't help but wonder if my acceptance of non-binary identity is only because I have it myself, I had some hurdles to overcome. And with my thoughts on sexuality, it helped that I was naturally drawn to androgyouns figures.

robotrecall
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Sep 2020, 6:40 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
I am not making any accusations of you being bigoted, especially from simply a different opinion.

The definition of sexuality being definitionally linked to sex is I think a bit of messy language, especially since some definitions of homosexuality mention it as attraction to one's own sex or gender, and you see others that mention a lesbian is a woman attracted to a woman, and a gay is a man attracted to a man. And also by definition a transwoman is a woman and a transman is a many, a transwoman can be a lesbian and a transman can be gay.

But I do understand the finicky elements of these questions, I again identify as non-binary, but I assume most who would have an attraction to me would be because of an attraction to men, they might not feel same things towards AFAB non-binary people that still seem more feminine. But I also had to pull at a string within my mind when I was coming to term with ideas of gender that showed some internalised transphobia and homophobia that led to myself realising that I had been repressing myself as bisexual. I of course don't think all people would come to the same conclusion of identity, and in fact know that I probably can't be a good test for the thoughts of only same or opposite sex attraction, but I do think even LGBT people can hold onto subconscious homophobia and transphobia.

I am not accusing you of being such, but there are some notable transphobic lesbians out there, such as Arielle Scarcella, who although might even be friendly with transgender people, do not see them as their identified gender and say transwomen are not really women. It goes beyond just a personal preference of things like genitals or individual taste in a person, and has the potential of being more harmful in the long run of accepting genders. The old guard of LGBT rights are especially at risk of themselves becoming toxic to the further movement, such as the kinds that may have called themselves things like "transexuals" pushing transmedicalism and not accepting non-binary people as valid.

I can't help but wonder if my acceptance of non-binary identity is only because I have it myself, I had some hurdles to overcome. And with my thoughts on sexuality, it helped that I was naturally drawn to androgyouns figures.

Sorry about that. It wasn't directed towards you. You weren't the one that was accusing me of being bigoted, that was the post below yours. I should've quoted them on that my bad.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2020, 5:05 pm

I am a lesbian and not part of any lgbtqlolwtfbbq. It is a circus full of misogyny, homophobia (from the BTQ), immaturity, and SJW nonsense, and I want no part of it. At best it's made up of a lot of people with very different, sometimes conflicting agendas. TQ has nothing to do with LGB and shouldn't even be categorized together. "Queer" means nothing now and has been used to mean absolutely anything and include anyone who takes a liking to the word.

robotrecall wrote:
Bumping this thread, but I think that it has become this cult because of the loud people in the TQ+.

Bingo. Most of the crazy comes from transgender-identified individuals (not to be confused with transsexuals) and queers.

TQ is the main group:
ranting about the pronouns they just recently made up
claiming that thoughts and feelings make you a man or woman
mistaking their autogynephilia and internalized misogyny for being trans
claiming that you can be trans without dysphoria
creating 600 kajillion new "gender identities"
trying to make every reproductive sex-based issue into a gender-identity issue
saying scientifically illiterate s**t like "sex isn't binary"
whining about people "misgendering" them when those people are actually talking about their sex, not their gender identity

spewing hatred and threats at people who refuse to pretend they're members of the opposite sex

believing that not being a walking gender role stereotype makes you "not a man or a woman"

trying to expand the meaning of "transgender" so that nearly everyone fits it (I've even had one tell me that all gay men and lesbians are transgender)

continually whining about people disrespecting their identities while telling people who have sex-based attraction that we should actually have gender-identity based attraction, otherwise we are transphobic "genital fetishists"

a shedload of them are heterosexual, ignorant or apathetic about gay and lesbian issues, and even homophobic

they try to focus the whole lgbtwhatever onto stupid adolescent personal identity issues instead of serious issues gays and lesbians face like marriage, adoption, discrimination. lots of TQ have NO real political issues: they are straight people (sometimes bi/pan in hetero relationships or barely interested in the same sex) who just have special pronouns.

full of lost young women who try to escape misogyny by transitioning, hence the growing community of female detransitioners

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2020, 5:40 pm

@ starkid
Wow, that is some straight up J.K. Rowling level stuff.

Maybe you have met some people that go too far, but you straight up accused trans people of autogynephilia and internalized misogyny.

Looks like you have straight up hate for trans people. Question, do you put non-binary as part of the 600 kajillion new "gender identities", with a consistent use of they/them pronouns as the type that you have a problem with?

How does someone talk about a person's sex that misgenders them?

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Sep 2020, 6:53 am

[Mod]

A very firm reminder: WrongPlanet is opposed to homophobic and transphobic bigotry. It is particularly unwelcome in this subforum, which is explicitly a pro-LBGTQ+ space. While some degree of discussion around controversial topics is healthy, this does not extend to tolerance of unadulterated bigotry, and some posts have certainly crossed that line.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2020, 8:50 am

The_Walrus wrote:
[Mod]

A very firm reminder: WrongPlanet is opposed to homophobic and transphobic bigotry. It is particularly unwelcome in this subforum, which is explicitly a pro-LBGTQ+ space. While some degree of discussion around controversial topics is healthy, this does not extend to tolerance of unadulterated bigotry, and some posts have certainly crossed that line.
I totally agree with you in spirit and wish your sentiments were reality.

But more and more lesbians are going anti-trans
And trans-medicalists(truscum) are anti-non-binary
And gay men abandoning identity politics and doing there own thing
The LGBTQ protective umbrella does not exist in reality
Every identity in the LGBTQ is going to have to find there own protective umbrella and advocates,the walls have crumbled on Alpha-bet city.

I do wish I was wrong,sad indeed.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2020, 6:07 pm

starkid wrote:
I am a lesbian and not part of any lgbtqlolwtfbbq. It is a circus full of misogyny, homophobia (from the BTQ), immaturity, and SJW nonsense, and I want no part of it. At best it's made up of a lot of people with very different, sometimes conflicting agendas. TQ has nothing to do with LGB and shouldn't even be categorized together. "Queer" means nothing now and has been used to mean absolutely anything and include anyone who takes a liking to the word.

robotrecall wrote:
Bumping this thread, but I think that it has become this cult because of the loud people in the TQ+.

Bingo. Most of the crazy comes from transgender-identified individuals (not to be confused with transsexuals) and queers.

TQ is the main group:
ranting about the pronouns they just recently made up
claiming that thoughts and feelings make you a man or woman
mistaking their autogynephilia and internalized misogyny for being trans
claiming that you can be trans without dysphoria
creating 600 kajillion new "gender identities"
trying to make every reproductive sex-based issue into a gender-identity issue
saying scientifically illiterate s**t like "sex isn't binary"
whining about people "misgendering" them when those people are actually talking about their sex, not their gender identity

spewing hatred and threats at people who refuse to pretend they're members of the opposite sex

believing that not being a walking gender role stereotype makes you "not a man or a woman"

trying to expand the meaning of "transgender" so that nearly everyone fits it (I've even had one tell me that all gay men and lesbians are transgender)

continually whining about people disrespecting their identities while telling people who have sex-based attraction that we should actually have gender-identity based attraction, otherwise we are transphobic "genital fetishists"

a shedload of them are heterosexual, ignorant or apathetic about gay and lesbian issues, and even homophobic

they try to focus the whole lgbtwhatever onto stupid adolescent personal identity issues instead of serious issues gays and lesbians face like marriage, adoption, discrimination. lots of TQ have NO real political issues: they are straight people (sometimes bi/pan in hetero relationships or barely interested in the same sex) who just have special pronouns.

full of lost young women who try to escape misogyny by transitioning, hence the growing community of female detransitioners

Personally, I took "queer" as a kind of umbrella-speak to mean anybody generically falling into the "LGBTQ++" spectrum.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2020, 7:20 pm

One has to wonder about the OP s. Question , having observed the fringes of that movement can easily understand why the question came up .

where ever you go ,there you are

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2020, 7:46 pm

No, it hasn't. My people have been oppressed for centuries and burned by the Nazi party during the Holocaust. The reason that the people in the videos are acting out is due to centuries of oppression. Imagine being Trans and not being able to do what you want because of the birth gender on your birth certificate.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

05 Oct 2020, 1:17 am

Here, the anti-LGBT community has become a deranged cult, fed for the purpose of petty populism :/

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2020, 11:42 am

The community as a whole might be taking it to far but I think the most vocal cult like members are the ones that catch the attention of the media and are not really representative of the while group.

I would personally like to see less normalising of trans though. There is nothing wrong with being trans (so long as you dont use your trans body to trick people, another topic all together) but I find the media attention they're getting is starting to make my eyes bleed and I also find them a bit combative for my liking.