Page 4 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2010, 7:58 am

zombiecide wrote:
The one with sounds in it. Genre? Many. Instruments? All of them, when played by someone who does interesting things with them. And I love to hear singling voices, especially when I do not understand the lyrics.

You sound like someone who likes classical music :)

zombiecide
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jul 2010, 1:38 pm

Guitar_Girl wrote:
zombiecide wrote:
The one with sounds in it. Genre? Many. Instruments? All of them, when played by someone who does interesting things with them. And I love to hear singing voices, especially when I do not understand the lyrics.

You sound like someone who likes classical music :)

More like Burmese rap. There is some classical music I like, but I often don't feel like listening to it, or can't connect. Also, opera singing is so theatrical. I like the 'white voice' singing technique that's particular to Eastern European folk music. There's a lot going on with European folk music! I like witches, who play Korean ska. Recently I found an awesome reggaeton band. I like German medieval rock/metal. I like the Japanese version of eurobeat. I like some new wave bands, some britpop bands, some emotive punk bands. I like some grunge and some death/black/dark metal. I like some industrial, some punk, some pop punk, some ... well. You get the picture?
Some day I'll learn a bit about musical theory so that I can point out what exactly I like in music and what I don't.

Also, why do I so frequently type 'singing' as 'singling'.

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2010, 3:10 pm

Alternative, nu-metal, softcore metal, 60's rock, 70's rock, 80's rock, Celtic Music, chinese Music, Cambodian folk music, foreign music in general, electronic, symphonic, space ambience.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2010, 2:11 am

I LOVE all kinds of music! Rock, pop, country, alternative, very little Hip hop and rap, industrial, dark wave, 80s, just any kind, metal. Heh, I can go from Ashlee Simpson to Kittie on a daily basis.

Blake_be_cool
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2010, 6:16 am

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
I LOVE all kinds of music! Rock, pop, country, alternative, very little Hip hop and rap, industrial, dark wave, 80s, just any kind, metal. Heh, I can go from Ashlee Simpson to Kittie on a daily basis.

Same, But my all time favorite would have to be Progressive House, Trance Music. One song can go for 60-70 minutes.

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2010, 8:25 am

Blake_be_cool wrote:

Same, But my all time favorite would have to be Progressive House, Trance Music. One song can go for 60-70 minutes.

Yay, you are like me. :D

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2010, 3:09 pm

Mostly electronica, or things that would be called "electronica" or a sub-genre of that - trance, prog, breaks, trip-hop, DnB, etc. But I'm fine with other stuff too - alt-rock, pop, classical, jazz, even a little hip-hop etc. But Electronica is what I tend to go out of my way for. The other stuff, mostly if I just hear something I think is really great then I'll try to put it in a playlist.

Overkill
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Jul 2010, 6:59 pm

I like three main genres:

Metal (Mainly thrash, and groove-ish metal, occasionally death metal and more 'mainstream' stuff like hardcore or metalcore)
Electronic music (House, techno, ambient, occasionally trance or breakbeat)
Old school hip hop

I also occasionally listen to 80's pop, some grunge or hard rock, and more recently, even smooth jazz.

BLK95TA
Raven
Raven

27 Jul 2010, 1:43 am

BuckToothedFarmer wrote:
Country.

"Uhh, what kind of music do you usually have here?"

"oh we got both kinds. we got country AND western"

Blues Brothers

:lol:

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2010, 6:06 am

Blake_be_cool wrote:

My favorite would have to be metal. Not sure what genre of metal but I like Zeromancer, Kittie, Eighteen Visions, and Marylin Manson quite a bit(is manson even metal? that's what it said on my iPod?")

forestg
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Jul 2010, 2:26 pm

I adore music, and into anything that sounds good to me. Metal and rap go together sometimes,

Megadeath - Wake up Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kSvN1dQ ... ure=avmsc2
Jimy Page n Puff Daddy, Come with Me/Kashmir - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWeAtLr8 ... re=related

Frank Sinatra - Ol Macdonald, tho takes a while for the song itself (but its worth it) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C84NhlNv ... re=related

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

29 Jul 2010, 7:06 am

international, rock opera, blue grass, celtic, 50's-80's, techno, ragae, drum circles, old world instermentals, stomp...anything that is not top 40's

silvskaterdude
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Jul 2010, 11:18 am

metal many types( metalcore, some deathcore, lil bit of death metal, some sludge metal,nu metal, alt metal, symonic metal,power metal, sypninic power metal, melodic death metal,industeal metal,thrash metal, some groove metal, classic metal and even hair metal)
punk all types( ska ,skate punk,indie punk, pop punk,alt punk,street punk,surf punk, stright up punk,hardcore punk and it's sub genres{ thrashcore,fastcore,powerviolence, grindcore} )
classic rock
post hardcore/ screamo( u know bands like silverstein, escape the fate, bulet for my valnetine)
hardcore/ gangsta mainstream 90's rap( the gud s**t like tupac, biggie, jay z, wu tang)
old school rap( like 80's to ealrey 90's earley rap ice t, nwa, a tribe called quest, run dmc, public enemy)
modern underground rap( stuff u don't hear much like classfied, atmoshere, shwayzem imortal technuquie, jedi mind tricks)
the odd maintream modern rap artist( kid cudi,young jeezy, game, chamilimnare and eminem)
grundge( niranva, peral jam , sonic youth
post grudnge( three days grace, seether, papa roach, foo fighters)
classcial( mozart, betoven, tchaybklkey, mahler.)

TheArtOfThrash
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Jul 2010, 11:12 pm

I have diverse tastes in music, but it's a different kind of diverse. Most of the music I listen to is stuff nobody has ever heard of. Whether that means brutal death metal or dreamy ambient music. Also I like listening to world music, especially meditative chinese or japanese folk music. Goes well with my tai chi practice. My favorite rock group is Led Zeppelin, and my favorite Metal group is Testament. Other than that I like Lustmord, Stars of the Lid, Elend, The Lord of the Rings soundtrack, etc.
Alternatively, if I even think for a second it might get radio time, I hate it. If it is trendy or artistically void in the slightest, I want nothing to do with it. That includes pop punk, emo, soulja boy style rap, anything with autotuned vocals, and even those "metal" bands that wimp out after 10 seconds of thrashing (i.e. bullet for my valentine) or rely way too f*****g much on breakdowns (i.e. Suicide Silence)

Fischers Fritz fischt frische Fische,
Frische Fische fischt Fischers Fritz.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2010, 8:48 pm

mrandysmiley wrote:
@tinky How are you enjoying blip.fm?

oh, dude sorry about not responding.

Blip.fm...it's interesting. It's not my favorite site to be honest. I'm more about discovering music in my own bubble than saying "Hey, you! Listen to this!"
Grooveshark is my favorite place currently. I could give Blip.fm a couple more tries. Wouldn't hurt i guess.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

PHISHA51
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Aug 2010, 2:26 pm

Any kind of Music, although I enjoy listening to techno a lot. :dj: