Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

papercraneheart
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Nov 2018, 11:12 am

If this should be posted elsewhere just let me know?

Does anyone else do origami? It's one of my main special interests. I have close to 30 origami books (a lot in Japanese and one in Russian), and probably close to 100k sheets of paper. I have a gallery with what have folded but I need to add more recent stuff, I haven't updated it for close to 2 years haha.

but I love how the paper feels and looks, and I like how it feels and sounds when I fold it. If it has small flowers or stars on it, I buy as much as I can, I have one particular print that when I use it I am the happiest. I fold modular boxes and 30-unit kusudamas (Japanese for "Medicine Ball"), but lately I have been interested in John Montroll's one sheet stars and the hearts in Francis Ow's book. We sometimes go to origami meetups and the group of people is always very diverse and interesting, and very different from when I meet people to knit. I have origami decorations throughout our apartment but they have to be out of reach of the cat. have today off for veterans day and I'm happy I didn't sleep in too late, because after I have my coffee and a shower, I want to try making a heart box.

Here is my origami for anyone interested? https://www.flickr.com/photos/howwedoin ... 0323897944

edit: just added 84 photos to that album!! I think it's the first time I've updated it in two years because I use Instagram so much.

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

Washi
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2018, 12:02 pm

I do, hence my screen name. :) I haven’t folded much of anything in a while though (haven’t been active on this site for a long time either), but have been planning on making tree ornaments out of that same multisided star you have on your Flickr page for a few weeks now. I forget what it’s called but it uses narrow strips of paper (also, looking at your Flickr page I can’t help but notice we have the same thumbs! :P ). I enjoy folding animals the most.

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2018, 12:21 pm

Very pretty. Your cat is cute too. I only know how to make a crane & a balloon. It’s fun to do with candy & gum wrappers. I have instructions for folding a unicorn I’d like to try eventually. :)

Washi
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2018, 12:48 pm

I’m responsible for making Thanksgiving dinner this year and should be cleaning the house so of course I am instead counting my origami book collection. I have approximately 25 books. I was going to friend you on Flickr so you could see my origami but then realized I have 3 of my other crafting obsessions on Flickr but all my origami is on facebook. Maybe I’ll add it some day.