Page 4 of 12 [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next

Kelby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2017, 2:26 am

not the real herb alpert/band, but, the music is, and the cars in this video are something else...

Kelby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2017, 3:10 am

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2017, 12:52 pm

Hi Kelby

I'll be scarce for a couple of days - have some serious catching up to do on a lot of things that had to wait while I was healing up and tired and couldn't be out in the cold very long. (hah, then I'll come back here and do some serious catching up on all the jazz!)

What I love about this forum is that I can go play games for awhile, or chat about stuff more seriously, or share things, and often with the same people. No worries, the posts are here, they can be read/listened to whenever.

The Widespread Depression Jazz Orchestra: Gee Baby, Ain't I Good To You:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zJTUWNH2Qk

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

nazaya
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Dec 2017, 8:01 pm

This is a little different, they think of their music as future-jazz or something like that. I don't like all of their work, but this song is hypnotizing. I hope you like it.

Here is the link to the full album BADBADNOTGOOD - 'III' LP (Full Album Stream)

Kelby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2017, 10:07 pm

^I like it quite a lot! Thanks for sharing, and, for the introduction to their music. edit-Thanks, also, for the link to the album. I did not see that, initially.

Last edited by Kelby on 28 Dec 2017, 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kelby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2017, 10:19 pm

*EW, glad you're healed and well. Hoping you have a productive hiatus. Will look forward to your return, although, no pressure to post here, of course! : )

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2017, 10:49 pm

Oh well... here I am again... kinda stuck sitting up late waiting for the poor guys working on the water main break to get done - it's so cold here that I'll need to open the faucets so they can trickle, as soon as the water is back on.

So I might as well enjoy some music while I wait.

Hi nazaya! Great avatar!

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."

nazaya
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Dec 2017, 11:07 pm

Kelby wrote:
^I like it quite a lot! Thanks for sharing, and, for the introduction to their music. edit-Thanks, also, for the link to the album. I did not see that, initially.

You're welcome, I'm glad you liked it =)
and thanks Esmerelda, I hope you like it too, I'm kind of obsessed with that album, it's great to hear it in a quiet night with headphones hehe.
Greetings to you both!

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2017, 11:21 pm

Their saxophonist reminds me of Stanley Turrentine :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLaIrVB1av4

Kelby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2017, 1:04 am

nazaya wrote:
Kelby wrote:

You're welcome, I'm glad you liked it =)
and thanks Esmerelda, I hope you like it too, I'm kind of obsessed with that album, it's great to hear it in a quiet night with headphones hehe.
Greetings to you both!

Thank you, again. Indeed, listening through headphones enhances the experience, profoundly. Greetings, back to you, nazaya!

I hope you are warming up, by the time you read this, Esmerelda. Im sorry you are experiencing trouble with your pipes and hope all gets sorted out, very soon!

Kelby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2017, 1:17 am

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2017, 5:28 am

Too much! But, in a good way. I look forward to going through this thread over the weekend so I can catch up.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2017, 10:25 am

^^ I can't recommend a major cold-weather water main break as a reason to be online listening to jazz vids, but it worked for me :P - I'm caught up now (hopefully the water main thing is a one time event).

This is all really good listening. I keep wondering when my bookmarks will be full, and I'll have to start a cheat sheet for archiving links.

While looking around for more Lee Ritenour vids I found these gems from Count Basic. (You'll recognize Gil Evans' and Milt Jackson's influences here :-) - as well as Wes Montgomery - which sends me off to look up some MJQ for future posting, because we don't have any yet :-) ).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8y-uSRhre8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VZHWw8qzfg

Kelby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2017, 5:35 pm

^Oh, jeeze. I guess I missed your mention of an entire water-main break. Glad to hear listening to Jazz helped you, and you're caught up on things! Do you mean your own bookmarks on your browser, or, the WP bookmark feature?

I'm a huge fan of Robert Glasper's music. Glasper is a multi-genre artist, whom I initially discovered, via listening to a Neo-Soul channel I listen to, on Accuradio. He is an amazing pianist and Jazz artist! Speaking of Accuradio, if anyone happens to utilize it, the channel entitled 'Blue Note' (named after Blue Note Records) is phenomenal.

Kelby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2017, 5:57 pm

HighLlama wrote:
Too much! But, in a good way. I look forward to going through this thread over the weekend so I can catch up.

I've got some catching up to do, myself. Enjoy...!

Kelby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2017, 7:12 pm

Esmerelda, Thanks for the Count Basic music. I'm not sure I've ever heard of them. The first piece sounds exactly like some of Jamiroquai's music. I wonder which artist composed it. I will research. Thank you! :flower:

edit- Looking most forward to the future postings! (I, sometimes, find I need to go back and re-read posts, as I initially, only, retain specific parts, or I get so excited or interested in something, that all other information becomes null and void, somehow.

Last edited by Kelby on 29 Dec 2017, 7:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.