Draco’s Quest part 3
New cast members:
Selva the cougar
Iaz the dog
General Arnzaeble
Ricor the dragon
Triag the pureblood mage constable.

Part three: The fierce feline fatal.

Draco did not hesitate the following morning to pack his belongings. He knew that any time wasted he could be arrested as well; even more he feared is the conditions his father is living under. Draco got everything packed and had one last look at his father’s farm. He grew up in a nice tranquil life and now all that has changed so rapidly he does not know what to make of the situation.

Draco proceeded into the wilderness. Even though Draco was a twelve foot tall dragon with the ability to emit fire from his mouth he was still very nervous and cautious going through the woods. While Draco continued on his trek he would often partake in the barriers and food naturally found in the wilderness, while he was no stranger to living off the land Draco yearned to have someone to converse with while he ate his meals. Draco’s father was always one to lighten the mood by a thrilling story, tale, while he ate with Draco.

Draco traveled for many nights trying to find someone who could offer him refuge. Draco traveled while in constant paranoia of being ambushed by pureblood soldiers, there has been many rumors of pureblood troops setting up ambush points to catch feralbloods not following the law in the wilderness.

One eventful night Draco has set up his small camp by a stream of water. It was a quiet night then, the moon was in a crescent shape, Draco was consuming some fish he caught in the stream and feasting on what little he had managed to obtain.

As Draco chewed down he heard a rustling in the trees. At first Draco thought it was a dear so he unleashed a small burst of flame from his mouth. Draco sat back down again, but then the rustling of the bushes continued. Draco became nervous; whatever is moving must be observing him. Draco thought what if it was a pureblood ambush? After his display of fire use he would surely be arrested like his father.

“Wh-Who is there? Show yourself or I will set the brush to flame!” Draco said nervously.

Draco then saw something move very fast. His heart was beating like a drum. Draco thought it was magic from a pureblood mage. Draco knew he surely could not hold out an ambush on his own.

Suddenly from behind he was shot with an arrow, Draco turned around while the arrow was stuck in his tail. He tried to gather up some fire in his mouth, but before he could he saw an bow pointed straight at his eyes.

Draco caught sight of something he never witnessed before, there was a feline feralblooded cheetah aiming the bow at him.

“Don’t move big guy.” The cheetah said as she aimed her bow truly.

“What is a dragon doing out in this neck of the woods?” She asked.

“M-My name is Draco.” Draco replied in nervousness, he never met a female feralblood before, much less one that was as swift and fierce as the one in his sights before him now.

“I-I do not mean any harm. I am merely a unfortunate traveler.” Draco said.

The cheetah laughed. “Out here all alone?” What if you where to be captured by General Arnzaeble’s men?

“General Arnzaeble?” Draco replied in confusion. “Who would that be fierce cheetah?” Draco replied in a perplexed manner.

“General Arnzaeble, the pureblood general who is tasked with capturing the feralblood resistance.”

Draco thought when he heard the word resistance. Could there be such a group of feralbloods that are opposing the pureblood oppression? If only he could join them he pondered in his mind.

“Hey are you listing?” The cheetah retorted while trying to break Draco of his thinking.

“Yes I apologize. I been through allot lately, I have lost my family recently to the purebloods.” Draco explained.
The cheetah withdrew her bow. She could tell that Draco was clueless and afraid of his own shadow creeping up on him at this state.

“I am s Selva of Niag.” She told him.

“Niag?!?” Draco responded with. “I have heard many a tale about that city. Draco told her.

“Before my father was captured he would often tell me great lore about traveling to there to sell his crops, see me and my father where farmers…” Draco said.

Selva started to chuckle. The very thought of a dragon attending to a farm brought great amusement on here, of course the way Draco showed himself she could tell he was brought up very domesticated like, even for a farmer.

“My father said Niag was a powerful feral blood kingdom during the great Purification War, even after the feralblood defeat. Perhaps we should travel there and…”

Draco was cut off by a look of sorrow on Selva’s face. He did not know what he had said, but he could see her amused expression quickly turn to sorrow.

“Niag was raided; the city was set on fire by pureblood knights.” Selva responded in grief.

Draco felt empathy for this cheetah. Like her he had lost everything. Draco extrapolated on his thinking that her family was lost in the conflagration.

“My mother and father where in my house when it was set ablaze , I was captured by Arnzaelble’s men and put into one of his camps when I was young. For months I was treated with great prejudice and disgust. That was until Ricor liberated the camp and I joined the resistance.”

“Ricor? “ Draco asked puzzled. Draco

had heard that name before, but that was from wandering travelers that would converse with his father while purchasing his fathers food. From what he heard Ricor was an outlaw in the pureblood kingdom, as well as a criminal on the loose with a bounty over his head.

“Ricor is the leader of the résistance; he has freed many a feralblood from the purebloods.” Selva replied.

Draco was excited to here this, perhaps Ricor could have liberated his father from one camp, and if not Draco could join Ricor and save his father.

“Madam, if you would be so kind, perhaps you could take me to meet Ricor?” Draco asked politely as he could.

“You may not be of much use to us, but I suppose I should not leave you here to be captured. Fine, we leave tomorrow. “

Part one and two is here: https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www ... MZRCnrWDpA

[ Mod. edit: which is, as a direct link to a WP thread, here: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt225977.html ]