Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Technikilor
Toucan
Toucan

17 May 2010, 12:32 am

Post the last album you listened to the whole way through, preferably with an accompanied rating or comment.

Daft Punk – Discovery [2001]

9/10

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2010, 1:16 am

and now for something totally different-

charlie balogh at the organ stop wurlitzer- "clap hands, here comes charlie!"
i listen to this album often.

Fehndrix
Toucan
Toucan

17 May 2010, 1:38 am

The Dead Weather - Sea Of Cowards

9/10. The only low point of this album for me is the beginning of "I'm Mad." It gets better when things kick into gear, but the first 40-45 seconds of it bug the heck out of me. Gonna have to check out their other album sometime.

Recommended tracks:
Blue Blood Blues
Die By The Drop
Jawbreaker

aloneinacrowd
Raven
Raven

17 May 2010, 2:10 am

Boston Boston

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2010, 5:07 am

auntblabby wrote:
and now for something totally different-

charlie balogh at the organ stop wurlitzer- "clap hands, here comes charlie!"
i listen to this album often.

I used to live in Richmond, Va and there was an old theatre there that showed second run and art films. Everything was very rococo and there was a 9 ton chandelier that I made a point never to sit under. Anyway, one of the features was So and so and his Mighty Wurlitzer. Before the movie started the guy and the organ would slowly rise from beneath the stage and do a few tunes. Once I was there and when the movie started it was playing reversed image, so they brought the organ guy out while they fixed it. When they started the movie again it was still backwards, So they brought him out again. People were getting silly at this point. When he ran out of tunes he asked for requests. Someone in the back yelled out "Beastie Boys"! ! :P It was hoot.

funnymachine
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 May 2010, 8:51 am

Tara Busch

Pilfershire Lane

iTunes

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/pilfer ... d320976842

Rating 11/10

Join in the discussion http://aspietribe.com (mailing list)

CowboyFromHell
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2010, 2:41 am

Exodus - Angel Carson (unfortunately not 100% completed) (and as always, check my sig for some previews)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2010, 10:45 am

Aimless wrote:
I used to live in Richmond, Va and there was an old theatre there that showed second run and art films. Everything was very rococo and there was a 9 ton chandelier that I made a point never to sit under. Anyway, one of the features was So and so and his Mighty Wurlitzer. Before the movie started the guy and the organ would slowly rise from beneath the stage and do a few tunes. Once I was there and when the movie started it was playing reversed image, so they brought the organ guy out while they fixed it. When they started the movie again it was still backwards, So they brought him out again. People were getting silly at this point. When he ran out of tunes he asked for requests. Someone in the back yelled out "Beastie Boys"! ! :P It was hoot.

i wonder if that was "the mosque"? i understand the mosque is no more, unfortunately. but i have several wurlitzer organ recordings made there.

Darkword
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2010, 11:01 am

Fehndrix wrote:
The Dead Weather - Sea Of Cowards

9/10. The only low point of this album for me is the beginning of "I'm Mad." It gets better when things kick into gear, but the first 40-45 seconds of it bug the heck out of me. Gonna have to check out their other album sometime.

Recommended tracks:
Blue Blood Blues
Die By The Drop
Jawbreaker

So they've finally come into their own eh? I listened to the first album a while back and was pretty disappointed, too many cooks in the kitchen. Sound was a smattering of guitar mixed with rap and some silly battle lyrics.

I like the stripes and what little I've heard from the kills individually.

funnymachine
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 May 2010, 11:41 am

CowboyFromHell wrote:
Exodus - Angel Carson (unfortunately not 100% completed) (and as always, check my sig for some previews)

I am qualified enough to tell you that Rays Of Light is really good :-)

What I like is the music

What I would like to see improved is the guitar? chords

I would prefer the drums a little more LOFI but I am British

What are you working in?

Can you send me MIDI files and stems?

I'll do a mix for you

Join in the discussion http://aspietribe.com (mailing list)

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2010, 12:04 pm

Eddie Jobson, The Green Album.

That was about two years ago, when I digitized it from the vinyl.

Progressive Rock from the early 1980's

Rating: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sounds not very good here:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PuuUD4lTeU&feature=related[/youtube]

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2010, 2:12 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Aimless wrote:

i wonder if that was "the mosque"? i understand the mosque is no more, unfortunately. but i have several wurlitzer organ recordings made there.

No, the Mosque was redone and is now the Landmark Theatre. It was The Byrd ,which was awesome. Here's a pic.

Ackman
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2010, 2:14 pm

Fleetwood Mac's Tango in the night

amazon_television
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2010, 10:06 pm

A Wilhelm Scream--Career Suicide

Far removed from what I normally listen to, but it is awesome. Music that is "heavy and fast" at its base all sounds the same to me generally, but these dudes are so melodic and technical, and the lyrics are buck wild and intelligent at the same time, it really stands out to me. It's at least nearly as good as their earlier albums I've listened to ("Mute Print", "Ruiner"), but I need to get deeper into it. 8/10

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2010, 2:28 am

Aimless wrote:
No, the Mosque was redone and is now the Landmark Theatre. It was The Byrd ,which was awesome. Here's a pic.

wow, what a palace. it makes the only old theatre i've ever been in, the temple in tacoma, WA, seem like just a little shoebox. it had superlative acoustics, though. i wonder what The Byrd sounds like?

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2010, 4:33 am

auntblabby wrote:
Aimless wrote:

wow, what a palace. it makes the only old theatre i've ever been in, the temple in tacoma, WA, seem like just a little shoebox. it had superlative acoustics, though. i wonder what The Byrd sounds like?

I don't remember one way or the other but it was built in 1928 and it is splendidly over the top kitschy.
[img][650:800]http://culturefix.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/byrdtheatreinside.jpg[/img]