What music brings tears to your eyes?

Page 4 of 9 [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

hypermind
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Sep 2006, 4:24 am

well...whenever that sternstunden volkmuzik commercial is on tv and i cant find my remote, tears start flying around, along with anything i can find, and hairs.

peebo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2006, 3:56 am

"loud, loud, loud" by aphrodites child. from the album 666.

?Civil government, so far as it is instituted for the security of property, is in reality instituted for the defense of the rich against the poor, or of those who have some property against those who have none at all.?

Adam Smith

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2006, 4:10 am

Space wrote:
Lindsay Lohan, 50 cent, nickelback, jessica simpson, usher... basically anything popular nowadays... It makes me sad that all this s**t sells and that this is music now. :cry:

Yes, I agree with you.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2006, 4:16 am

Henryk Gorecki - Symphony of Sorrowful Songs

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2006, 10:59 am

Does anyone know the name of the music played at Princess Diana's funeral, I think it was Taverner but can't remember the name of the piece. That always brings a tear to the eye :cry:

Also Allegri's Miserere. Wish I could sing like that.

scrulie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2006, 1:44 pm

Veresae wrote:
Stuff like Evanescence's "Hello" or NIN's "Hurt." It's just so depressing.

EDIT: Oh, and there's plenty of music that just pisses me off to be forced to listen to, and were I in a terrible mood already it might make me cry from sheer anger. I'm talking about rap, hip hop, yodelling, country, western, latin, R&B, jazz, blues, ragtime, anything with bag pipes or accordians or harmonicas...

I share your hatred of yodelling. :evil:

SilentBedlam
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Oct 2006, 6:19 pm

Reger - Tone Poem I
Ravel - Le Jardin Feerique

Love the Barber too, and enjoy Copland. G.P. da Palestrina also a firm favourite. I've had an obsession too, with a piece or two by C.M. Widor - they're awesome.

I detest Yodelling also, for the record. Have sung Allegri's Miserere Mei - I enjoyed that but no way can I sing that high now 8O

Iris, by the Goo Goo Dolls is special, and Genesis' Fading Lights also excellent. Keen on most trance, electronic, new age.

There is nothing about these perplexing and morally insensitive humans that cannot be solved with the aid of a heavy machine gun.

greyhelium
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2006, 8:25 pm

well i wouldnt say many songs make me 'cry' but a few songs that have touched me deeply (soz for soppiness) are iris by the goo goo dolls, slide (also googoo), DJ scott brown - angel eyes, moya luna + rat atka (only u) by DJ yan and a really awesome progressive hardNRG/trancesong which i dont know the actual name of, its a 7 min long trak by scott brown called 'NIK FISH' or sumthin

irishwhistle
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2006, 2:53 am

I have a curious reaction to the sound of music sung in unison... I mean, I don't weep every time I hear music done in synchronization, but when I hear music in which the timing is very well done and really give throught to that fact, it can move me to tears. I once had the opportunity to sing among the many altos in the chorus of Beethoven's Ode to Joy for a performance in the park in L.A. and due to that I cannot hear that piece without this strange reaction, an almost nervous quality laughing/crying response. I enjoy it so much. I have reacted this way to band performances (good ones), The 1812 Overture by Tchaikovsky, the song He Mele No Lilo from Lilo and Stitch (I learn the lyrics phonetically so that I can sing along and react more strongly when I sing along).

I tear up in a more normal fashion when listening to Into the West and other music from the Lord of the Rings. The composer was simply brilliant. Christmas songs like O Come All Ye Faithful can get me verklempt as well.

Scintillate
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2006, 12:09 am

Yeh there is a lot of tripe out right now, but also so much amazing music has come out in most recent times... heres a brief list of some artists that changed my life in one way or another:

aphex twin
bjork
thom yorke
devin townsend
tool
mike patton
ulver

check out any of these if you don't know them and you won't be disappointed!

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2006, 1:29 am

xtc - wrapped in grey

it's such an amazingly beautiful song.

KingMichael
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Oct 2006, 8:39 pm

Music doesn't usually make me cry, but I guess these come the closest to doing so:

"Ghost Love Score" by Nightwish
"Eccentric" by After Forever
"Run For A Fall" by Epica

mikh07
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2006, 4:47 am

this will probably seem really lame but 'Hero' by Mariah Carey makes me teary-eyed

Scintillate
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2006, 12:20 am

lame yes, but brave.. definately!

Pancho
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Oct 2006, 11:16 am

There are a few songs that get me all teary eyed.

Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton
Just a Word Away by Chris De Burgh, this one has a special place in my heart because it was played at my baby brother and sisters' funeral.
Everybody Hurts by REM
I Grieve by Peter Gabriel

and I'm sure there are some others that I can't think of right now.

sociable_hermit
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2006, 1:00 pm

Straw - Kill Your Boyfriend. A song about failure and idle dreams of revenge.
I woke up to howling sunlight / prayed for the morning silence to end / Based on my favourite pastime / I'm gonna kill your boyfriend / I will wait, until summer's over / I will waste away..

Cerulean - Burn the Remains. Destroying the photographs you can't look at any more. This song reminds me so much of my last long-term girlfriend, Katie, that I can't play it without bursting into tears. Yeah, I'm soft... I know.
This one's of me and you, shining into the sun / As if we knew, we would be over by now / This one's brighter still, with hands that hide our eyes / and say we'd grow far away / but I never noticed 'til now / So go where you know, it's softer and safer than I will ever know / And share the blame / As I burn the remains of this old flame..

Soundgarden - Love Like Suicide. About obsession, I guess.
With eyes of blood, and bitter blue / How I feel for you... I feel for you..

It Bites - Kiss Like Judas. Unrequited love.
So glad you could make it / Bring the slaughter to the lamb / I may look life some animal / but I am who I am, a man / And I love you, and I'm hoping you feel as I do / I cover my face, in terrible shame / And open my heart up for you..

Chemical Brothers feat. Beth Orton - Alive Alone. Desolation.
I'm alive, and I'm alone / and I never really wanted to be either of those..

Compulsion - Yancy Dangerfield's Delusions. Loneliness, confusion and panic.
I need some ice, need some calmer dreams / Need some help, need some sympathy..

Something Corporate - Down. Feeling small and needing friends.
Let's get drunk / You can drive us to the harbour / Wish upon a star / But do you know that stars are / balls of fire / burning up the black space / falling from the landscape / exploding in the face of... God.

The Beta Band - Simple.. Trying to do the right thing.
It's a Tuesday night and I can't be / with the people that I love tonight / They left me all alone and I can't forgive them / I guess I'll be on my own / I tried to see it their way / I tried to be alone / I tried to do my own thing, but the trouble with your own thing is... you end up on your own..