what are you listening to THIS VERY SECOND?

Page 2858 of 3978 [ 63647 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2855, 2856, 2857, 2858, 2859, 2860, 2861 ... 3978  Next

Bustduster
Toucan
Toucan

14 Sep 2019, 9:06 am

Magna wrote:
MP, don't feel too bad about missing that show. I know how you feel. I was 15 when Husker Du and the Replacements came to town and played the same night. A punk friend of mine had her Mom take her to the bar and the bar let them both in. I wanted SO BADLY to see that show but there was no chance in HELL that my parents would have taken me or would have let me go with my friend and her Mom. I was never able to see either band live and both were/are favorites of mine.

I feel for you as they're both still among my favourite bands too, more than thirty years on. I was fortunate enough to catch the Replacements at 15 and the Huskers at 16, on what I think was their final tour. I think the fact that legal drinking ages aren't as strictly enforced here in the UK as they are in America helped, in addition to me having an elder brother who'd already broken the ice when it came to all that stuff.

Incidentally, I saw a girl who looked all of 17 wearing a Husker Du t-shirt a few months back. Didn't want to come across as a creepy paedo by starting a conversation about it, do I just gave her a quick high five and said "great band". She replied "I know".

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2019, 1:52 pm

https://youtu.be/LAmb4dVJAmU

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2019, 2:13 pm

^Yodelling ... this reminds me so much of my Dad(who could yodel, and played harmonica and accordion(AS).

Choir Girl, Cold Chisel

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2019, 2:32 pm

Juliette wrote:
^Yodelling ... this reminds me so much of my Dad(who could yodel, and played harmonica and accordion(AS).

Choir Girl, Cold Chisel

Is that your Dad?

darkwaver
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Sep 2019, 3:21 pm

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2019, 3:38 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Juliette wrote:

Choir Girl, Cold Chisel

Is that your Dad?

No, though it may as well be :) ... I come from a very musical family. Here’s another Aussie classic...

Tip of My Tongue - Jonny Diesel

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2019, 4:51 pm

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2019, 5:00 pm

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2019, 5:14 pm

..." II Wanna Be Your Boyfriend " - The Rubinoos - When I was going to college?, I'd play this in the morning to energize myself :( ...........It ended, I put another YT post of it one, see if it sounds different - sounds bass-ier, I think I like the first post (from an 80s/90s Rhino comp CD I guess) more than the other one, from another CD?.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2019, 5:31 pm

ASS-P wrote:
..." II Wanna Be Your Boyfriend " - The Rubinoos - When I was going to college?, I'd play this in the morning to energize myself :( ...........It ended, I put another YT post of it one, see if it sounds different - sounds bass-ier, I think I like the first post (from an 80s/90s Rhino comp CD I guess) more than the other one, from another CD?.

Just had a listen ASS-P ... kewl 70s vibe there, and yes, would have sounded great with more base...

The Breakup Song - The Greg Kihn Band

Here’s one from my days in college/secondary school ...

grahambaster
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Sep 2019, 5:54 pm

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2019, 5:54 pm

Juliette wrote:
ASS-P wrote:

Just had a listen ASS-P ... kewl 70s vibe there, and yes, would have sounded great with more base...

...Greg Kihn and the Rubinoos were very much originally associated with the same " scene "/label!! !! !! !! ! :D

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2019, 5:58 pm

ASS-P wrote:
Juliette wrote:
ASS-P wrote:

...Greg Kihn and the Rubinoos were very much originally associated with the same " scene "/label!! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! :D

Really :P ?! I had no idea ... 2 very kewl bands :heart: 8) ...

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2019, 6:33 pm

https://soundcloud.com/dj-switchblade-1/oglife14

I work with this guy, imma come up with verses for this. Louis Cyphre and DJ Switchblade. :ninja: