Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2022, 8:56 am

I didn't want to ask "is this OK?" because I don't want negative feedback or judgement, I just want reassurance and understanding. So if you disagree on this then it's best to just not post at all.

Anyway, I found this little documentary for children of 4-year-olds starting school and just what they do in the classroom and playground as typical children of that age, and I found it interesting.

Then the more I watched it the more I started getting used to all the children's names and I got attached to them. So then I decided to get creative and make cut-outs of each child from the class in their uniforms, then redo each child but sitting down, then redo them again but wearing their coats, and so on, until I have a little collection. It is so enjoyable. And I'm writing each episode of the documentary as stories to go with the little cut-out characters, and I was going to draw some scenes to place the cut-outs on. Will be great for my little 5-year-old niece to play with when she comes round too.

It's become like a project and it's something I like to do in my spare time. I worry in case it's wrong to do it, like people might think I'm some sort of paedophile or something. But I'm NOT. I hate paedophiles and I'm not interested in any children in that way.

Is this OK to do?

Diagnosed with ADHD, anxiety and mild ASD

I don't like autism being mentioned to me as I'm partly in denial.

Last edited by Joe90 on 01 Jul 2022, 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2022, 8:57 am

What you are doing is okay.  Do you remember that you once shared an image some of your cut-outs with me?

I still have it.

:D

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2022, 10:23 am

Fnord wrote:
What you are doing is okay.  Do you remember that you once shared an image some of your cut-outs with me?

I still have it.

:D

Ah, they were the old ones. :) Same class but I've updated them by drawing them better and with their actual names. I just love this little class. :)

Diagnosed with ADHD, anxiety and mild ASD

I don't like autism being mentioned to me as I'm partly in denial.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2022, 1:29 pm

It's okay.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2022, 1:53 pm

Yes, it's perfectly okay.

I'd also try to be less defensive about accusations no one's made; even if you were a guy people wouldn't be that quick to assume anything nasty, especially here where special interests and fixations are much more relatable.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2022, 2:59 pm

I read loads of books about children when I was young, written by adults of course.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2022, 4:08 pm

Of course it's ok. Absolutely nothing paedo about it, so don't worry!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 6:19 pm

Nothing to with sex. May have a lot to do with your maternal instinct. But its nothing to be ashamed of.