Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ninszot
Toucan
Toucan

29 Oct 2010, 9:25 am

Anybody here who is into making fursuits? has a fursuit they are willing to post?

I am interested in hearing about people's methods for making their costumes and seeing the costume creations of any Furries here on wrong planet. I am also interested in autism specific apeal - does the mask help you socialize? Is the silent tradition of mascotting an apeal for non-verbal/less verbal types? Is your fursuit charecter from one of your special interests (video game obsession etc)

This is about an arts and crafts type hobby of making costumes and costumed role playing

Note this is not an adult discussion - If you are confused about what is a furry and what is YIFF please go look it up before posting.

Chipthe3rd
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Nov 2010, 11:54 am

I don't have a fursuit, but I'm dying for Anthrocon to come over here so I can become a proper furry.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 1:50 am

I want to make one but my parents are against it becuase they are still under the faluse belief that all furries are yiffers. When I move out, I plan to make one. I don't really want to go to fur and anthro cons. What really made me want a fur suit in the first place was when I went to a zoo during it's halloween celebration. It was SOOOOOOOO cold out. Heat is usualy what bothers me but not that day. Even the penguins and polar bears probably felt like the were were freezing. A fursuit would have killed two birds with one stone, I would have had a costume and been able to keep warm at the same time. Now that we've moved to Texas, it really isn't that could around Halloween. It would still be fun to have a costume when displaying my Lion King and meerkat collections on line. Plus the crafty in me thinks it would be a fun project.

Even as a little kid, I felt more comfortable in social situations with a mask on. I never thought it was related to the autism until now.