Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

towrite_luvonmyarms
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Dec 2010, 1:28 am

list some of ur fave musicians, songs, albums, and whatever commentary you have about neo-soul, crossover r&b, whatever urban stuff floats ur boat!
my personal soul sistas are Alicia Keys and Keyshia Cole. I just have to say their voices are incredibly good. by the way, does anyone agree?

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2010, 2:48 pm

I am not familiar with Keyshia Cole, I only know her by name... Normally, I'd look her up on YouTube right away, but right now, I don't have the opportunity to access sound (I've no headphones on me).

Alicia Keys is quite good, though not my favourite vocalist. I really liked her 'Diary of Alicia Keys' album. There were 2 gorgeous ballad singles off it, 'If I Ain't Got You' and 'You Don't Know My Name'.

I happen to have been quite a fan of contemporary urban music in the nineties and the early 2000s. My favourite era of it started with the coming of Timbaland on Ginuwine's debut album 'The Bachelor', and in my eyes ended with the rise in popularity of 50 Cent and the subsequent turn in the direction of crunk. My favourite RnB singers in this genre are Usher, Ginuwine, Sisqo, and Montell Jordan. I am partial to a number of female singers, but I don't feel there were a lot of powerful belters around 2000. Mary J. and Lauryn Hill were cool, though.

Your thoughts?