Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2012, 9:46 am

I'm not letting you do that Ganondox. Msuhroomhead fans and Slipknot fans are both rabid towards each other for some reason and I don't want to see this thread turn into a place for trolls to post to incite the passionate.

Anyone here really like Gehenna? All Hope is Gone is my least favorite Slipknot album besides Mate Feed Kill Repeat but the atmosphere on that is impressive.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2012, 10:09 am

Slipknot aren't my cup of tea, but i have absolutely no problem with others liking them. Corey Taylor can also sing when he's not yelling and screaming in the boiler suit and mask, just look at the Stone Sour tracks "Bother" and "Through the Glass"

Comparing them to Mushroomhead is pretty pointless, they are two completely different bands.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

rabbitears
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2012, 12:28 pm

SanityTheorist wrote:
I'm not letting you do that Ganondox. Msuhroomhead fans and Slipknot fans are both rabid towards each other for some reason and I don't want to see this thread turn into a place for trolls to post to incite the passionate.

Anyone here really like Gehenna? All Hope is Gone is my least favorite Slipknot album besides Mate Feed Kill Repeat but the atmosphere on that is impressive.

As I said previously (longggg ago) I like both bands and over the years I've read all sorts online that "if you like both you're not a true fan of any of them" and all sorts of crap like that.

I like Gehenna a lot. The synth parts are so catchy. I haven't heard Mate Feed Kill Repeat but I'd like to. Does it have a different vocalist?

Parasaurolophuscolobus. Parasaurcolobus. Colobusaurolophus.
....And Nunchucks are my friends.

rabbitears
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2012, 12:36 pm

LexingtonDeville wrote:
Comparing them to Mushroomhead is pretty pointless, they are two completely different bands.

Wurrrrd. Even the costumes and masks look nothing alike nowadays. (Never did that much anyway. Just happened to both have a pig playing bass.

Coincidences do exist.

Imagine if every rapper's fans said that another rapper copied them for wearing baggy low hung jeans and gold chains round their necks.

Parasaurolophuscolobus. Parasaurcolobus. Colobusaurolophus.
....And Nunchucks are my friends.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2012, 12:58 pm

I used to go to the unholy alliance tour in the early 00's.

Slayer, Hatebreed and Slipknot were playing.

Out of those 3 bands, the Slipknot fans gave me the most evil looks and they were all ret*d teens.

Slipknot also gave the worst performance out of those 3.

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2012, 1:13 pm

rabbitears: Mate Feed Kill repeat had a different vocalist named Anders. His vocals are atrocious and the composition is a complete mess. If you want to hear the ebst one on it though Confessions was the closest it got to decent...but it is also super geeky with the ylrics haha.

Uprising: Slipknot's members (except Corey taylor) seem quite stupid and they are awful live. However, ins tudio I think they do awesome. Should listen to Skin Ticket or My Plague, might change your mind on the band.

Longtime fan of the band, were one of the first metal bands I got a CD from and they are still amazing music when you're pissed off.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2012, 4:02 pm

Well, Slipknot was the reason I came to the tour, but I ended up getting an unforgettable in-your-face introduction to the band Hatebreed.

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2012, 4:54 pm

Hatebreed is great as well, although I probably like Supremacy and the self-titled more than their older albums.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2012, 5:57 pm

Rise Of Brutality is kinky too.

Gravechylde
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Aug 2012, 7:31 pm

I'm fairly neutral with them, I'm not a fan, but I don't hate them.