Why is the WP art section dominated by music?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

04 Mar 2011, 10:39 pm

I like music, but I dont luv music and can go for days without hearing any and most music nowdays really bothers my sensory problems
BUT I luv fiber arts, painting, poetry, drawing...and photography, and basket making and various useable arts.
However these things are rarely mentioned on here....why is that???

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2011, 10:41 pm

Music is something that most everybody enjoys. Writing and other arts are not as widely appreciated.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2011, 10:48 pm

It's called the Art, Writing, and Music folder.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2011, 11:05 pm

Start a thread about whatever type of Art you prefer. Most people are into music, the topics reflect this. Those really into art as in drawing or writing are usually also engaged in it, and it is obvious not everyone is an artist or writer. Music is not as exclusive to musicians as writing is to writers or painting is to painters

MooCow
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2011, 2:12 am

I guess music is more popular, plus, I think a lot of the time things like drawings/paintings/photos get stuck in one of the stickies at the top of the page.

But, feel free to start a thread about what ever you want to.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

05 Mar 2011, 11:33 am

thanks good idea.... I often dont start threads, I finish them...jk :wink:
Anyway, really, I just answer threads, I guess I am not much into initiating conversation, but I will give it a try

Jojo

Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2011, 5:34 am

You could start a thread.

Music is widely appreciated by younger people rather than art, most of the site is young, so, yeah.

Moulin
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Mar 2011, 4:25 pm

Music is something that most people do enjoy, while art and writing are things people enjoy also, but we spend more time listening to music than looking at art or reading, and often when people first meet each other one of the first questions asked is "what type of music are you into?"