Interesting in learning to make music with Computers?

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2021, 3:03 pm

Hello. I thought I would start a thread that includes some useful books for people to buy who are interested in learning to write / engineer / produce music.

To start with, perhaps focussed mostly around music made on computers, but I shall try and also include a few books on other areas, such as song writing and sound engineering, which are universally useful topics for people who desire to make music / be creative.

I have been into music in one shape or form for 27 years on and off, and being an Asperger as well as poor,
I have for the most part had to teach myself to do a great deal of the skills that one needs to make music.

Over the years, education for these areas have improved much, and there are now all sorts of great books, DVDs and online courses which you can learn everything that you would have normally had to learn at Uni, all for a discount of the cost and not having to leave your house.

OK. Let me start with a few books:

dance music manual rick snoman

The Secrets of Dance Music Production: The World's Leading Electronic Music Production Magazine Delivers the Definitive Guide to Making Cutting-Edge Dance Music

metal music manual

mix engineers handbook

the producers manual

The Art of Mixing: A Visual Guide to Recording, Engineering, and Production

mastering audio

Production Mixing Mastering Waves Edition

6 Steps to Song writing Sucess

Feel free to add any books / dvds / courses that you think would be helpful to someone who is just starting.
Also, please feel free to post any beginner questions.