Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 6:20 am

I'm looking for a couple of things:

1. Something that I can program to output randomly generated music and/or midi files based on a scale I input

2. Something that can play music based on a 360 step musical scale

Any ideas? Cheers!

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 2:22 pm

2. What's the usual scale, 12? That you can do on a piano? So each of those notes divided into 30 different tones? I mean I know my basic keyboard has a "Tuning" button that lets you tune each note flat or sharp to a degree of -50 or +50, so 100 overall, which is more than thirty per note, but I have no idea how to set it in a way that doesn't sharpen or flatten every note across the board without you having to stop every time you want to play a new key in a different microtone. If this has nothing to do with what you were asking never mind.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 3:58 pm

purchase wrote:
2. What's the usual scale, 12? That you can do on a piano? So each of those notes divided into 30 different tones? I mean I know my basic keyboard has a "Tuning" button that lets you tune each note flat or sharp to a degree of -50 or +50, so 100 overall, which is more than thirty per note, but I have no idea how to set it in a way that doesn't sharpen or flatten every note across the board without you having to stop every time you want to play a new key in a different microtone. If this has nothing to do with what you were asking never mind.

No, you're on the right track. I'm thinking some computer program that can do it. A piano wouldn't work, afaik