Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Nov 2009
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,988

19 Jan 2012, 3:55 am

It's called Zero Avenue. The basic premise is about the lives of several families who live along a street block, but it's not any ordinary block. Zero Avenue is the border between the United States (Washington) and Canada (British Columbia). It's common in the show for people on one side of the border to talk to or throw something to someone on the other side, but it's illegal to cross the street without going through a border checkpoint. This is a common theme of drama in the show.

Basically the show is a normal sitcom/drama with the typical plots you find in those kind of shows, but a unique thing about it is this street that's forbidden to cross and also how the families live literally right next to each other but have many different viewpoints because on one side they're Americans and on the other they're Canadians. The show would also have a mixed American/Canadian cast of actors. It would essentially highlight the similarities and differences between the people of both sides of the Pacific Northwes



Krychek
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 14 Aug 2011
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 126
Location: Las Vegas

19 Jan 2012, 4:39 am

I really like this idea...
Do you live in the NW?.. is why you have this particular idea setting? I'm a writer, trying to work with just other aspies, and trying to make videos/film, and I'm moving to Seattle in a couple of weeks, so that's why I ask.


_________________
I think I've seriously under-explained my over-explaining.
Twitter @VaJayJayKrychek


donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Nov 2009
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,988

19 Jan 2012, 6:15 am

Krychek wrote:
I really like this idea...
Do you live in the NW?.. is why you have this particular idea setting? I'm a writer, trying to work with just other aspies, and trying to make videos/film, and I'm moving to Seattle in a couple of weeks, so that's why I ask.


I do actually, I live in Portland. I went to Vancouver BC last month and that's really what inspired the idea.



Krychek
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 14 Aug 2011
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 126
Location: Las Vegas

19 Jan 2012, 6:18 am

donnie_darko wrote:
Krychek wrote:
I really like this idea...
Do you live in the NW?.. is why you have this particular idea setting? I'm a writer, trying to work with just other aspies, and trying to make videos/film, and I'm moving to Seattle in a couple of weeks, so that's why I ask.


I do actually, I live in Portland. I went to Vancouver BC last month and that's really what inspired the idea.



Pm me, or email me @ [email protected] .. I will be going down to near PDX alot because my reservation is near there.. if you want.


_________________
I think I've seriously under-explained my over-explaining.
Twitter @VaJayJayKrychek


donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Nov 2009
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,988

19 Jan 2012, 6:25 am

Krychek wrote:
donnie_darko wrote:
Krychek wrote:
I really like this idea...
Do you live in the NW?.. is why you have this particular idea setting? I'm a writer, trying to work with just other aspies, and trying to make videos/film, and I'm moving to Seattle in a couple of weeks, so that's why I ask.


I do actually, I live in Portland. I went to Vancouver BC last month and that's really what inspired the idea.



Pm me, or email me @ [email protected] .. I will be going down to near PDX alot because my reservation is near there.. if you want.


You got it! Yeah it would be awesome to make this show a reality, somehow.



Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Apr 2008
Age: 38
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,357
Location: Motown

19 Jan 2012, 11:23 am

i know that there is a real town split by the border. yup, it actually exists. i remember seeing someone saying they lived on one side, but work was on the other side.


_________________
*Christina*

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity


donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Nov 2009
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,988

19 Jan 2012, 1:41 pm

Simmian7 wrote:
i know that there is a real town split by the border. yup, it actually exists. i remember seeing someone saying they lived on one side, but work was on the other side.


You're thinking of Blaine/White Rock right?