Which Music Genres Will Die Out within 20 years?

Page 7 of 7 [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2013, 9:14 am

Specially europe metal hardly will die out, many groups here are simply playing classic music on modern instruments. Many musicians that studied on conservatorium use metal as a way to bring classic music to a new audience, so european metal music often follows the rules of classic old traditional music and is played by classic trained musicians, studied on conservatorium.

While you hardly will have audience, playing these style on classic instruments, simply involve E-guitars and percussion, and you might have a broad audience. The subgenre is mostly called orchestral metal (Normally at least three E-guitars and various other instruments, often playing according to typical orchester song rules.) or melodical metal which is for smaller groups. Both are highly popular around here, a typical example would be the song "Emerald sword" of the popular band "Rhapsody". Just as a typical selfmade garage band guitarist hardly will be able to ever perform the guitar solo of "Flight of the gargoyles" that is played around minute 9:00.

Or shortly, no metal want die. ^^

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2013, 2:30 pm

Agree because of the stated above and youtube etc nothing will die out. I can see in the 2050's dubstep reunion tours and neo dubstep. A more interesting can anything really new be born?

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

pete1061
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2013, 6:48 pm

Genre's of music live on, while sub-genres come and go.

Generally the stuff that comes and goes quickly is corporate, manufactured "pop" music. Music that is empty and created solely for profit. Though the word "pop" lives on, what "pop" sounds like changes like the wind. It just means whatever is popular & trendy.

Diagnosed in 2005

SpiderJeruz
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Nov 2013, 6:01 am

hip-hop will never die. It is too raw. The will to rhyme and dance to funky beats and do graffiti is naturally ingrained in humankind.

if you said rap, you are ignorant. Let One Be Lo educate you on why hip-hop is intelligent and undying;

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxSbpY85Xmc[/youtube]

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2013, 3:17 am

I take back what I said about Lil' Wayne a year ago. He's not a bad emcee at all. It's just that he was featuring on a lot of annoying songs back in the 2000s. I've since sampled some of his catalog and a couple of collaborations, and found that the man has talent. 'Tie My Hands' with Thicke is good.

GregCav
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2013, 3:59 am

RAP is way past it's use-by date. Let it die please.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2018, 8:05 pm

Pondering wrote:
Anyways I think Juggalo Music will die out within 20 years. The music is not the smartest, it's often shockrap or joke making rap, the musicians who are made in the business are often unhealthy, and consuming a lot of alcohol, and other dangerous drugs, and so are their followers. It's not easy being a made Juggalo musician as it is, and with them living dangerous lifestyles I see the big musicians dying early and the music suffering due to it, same with the juggalo listeners since a lot of them live similar unhealthy lifestyles.. As time goes by I think many Juggalo musicians will also quit making that kind of music. This is just what I expect to happen if it does not just lose popularity because people think it is bad music.

Gravedig, but horrorcore is still alive and well.

Actually, hip-hop in general is doing quite well. It'll be around 20, 30 years from now; it's as much a 'fad' or 'past it's use-by date' as rock is.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う