Which Music Genres Will Die Out within 20 years?

Page 2 of 7 [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 2:34 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Pondering wrote:
I don't mean completely die out, since there will probably always be a little of certain genres of music out there being made.

It's just some music somehow loses its popularity through time. Take Hair Metal for example. It's not often you hear new Hair Metal music anymore, somehow, it just went away even though there was some really good hair metal back in the day.

Anyways I think Juggalo Music will die out within 20 years. The music is not the smartest, it's often shockrap or joke making rap, the musicians who are made in the business are often unhealthy, and consuming a lot of alcohol, and other dangerous drugs, and so are their followers. It's not easy being a made Juggalo musician as it is, and with them living dangerous lifestyles I see the big musicians dying early and the music suffering due to it, same with the juggalo listeners since a lot of them live similar unhealthy lifestyles.. As time goes by I think many Juggalo musicians will also quit making that kind of music. This is just what I expect to happen if it does not just lose popularity because people think it is bad music.

I think there are much worse things then Juggalo Music....But just about everything I listen to has been controversial at some time or another. Also, not everyones perfect if all songs where about how perfect everyones lives are music would be so boring lots of people in bands of other genres are also unhealthy, consuming a lot of alcohol and drugs as are many of the fans of various genres of music. That's actually been going on quite some time, I mean what about all that acid rock in the 60's I really doubt the majority of people into that spent all their time sober.

In the 60's The Doors where considered controversial for making drug & sex references, the way I see it if someone wants to write a song about drugs, alcohol, sex or any other topic they have every right to. As for music dying out I would hope the mainstream popular music dies because its terrible but I do hope Metal and Psychedelic Rock, and various other genres continue. Even if they do end up ignored by the vast majority of people who are too busy listening to mainstream popular music.

Yes there is much worse music than Juggalo music. Nazi music for example...

I never claimed music made with the assistance of mind altering drugs was bad, or anything like that. Most of the music I listen to is made by people who consume such things. I prefer music to be made that way, it just sounds better, it makes a lot of people more creative. I am already aware of the 60's music scene and have no problem with it and drugs have almost always been a part of the music scene.

Nothing wrong with drug references or sex references. There are some great songs referencing those things.

As for psychedelic rock I believe that is a genre that will take much longer than 20 years to die, if it ever does. That sort of genre is one almost anyone can get into, so I don't see it going away anytime soon. I rarely listen to metal anymore. I used to be a real metal head but I've calmed down quite a lot since then.

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 2:42 pm

Moseley wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Rap - please!

That's kind of doubtful really though. There's such a variety of rap genres and it appeals to so many people that I wouldn't say it will ever fade away, you know.

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 2:45 pm

Bun wrote:
Eeeeeeeemo.
I don't know about that. Young teens eat that stuff up...

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 2:51 pm

They won't be young teens 20 years from now. :wink:

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 2:55 pm

Bun wrote:

Lol, got your finger on the global sterilization trigger?

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 2:57 pm

That's a good idea, but I meant the emos of today would be thirty-somethings then.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 3:14 pm

Ah. Think I need to censor myself a bit better for a while; I've been having lots of these slips lately for some reason. :?

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 3:18 pm

*I* didn't mind, but it's up to you. :)

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 3:22 pm

Bun wrote:

20 years from now there'll be new teen crowds full of angst. Emo music may evolve (most certainly will) but it's doubtful it'll ever die.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 3:23 pm

Would somebody please put Emo, Screamo, and Shoegaze out of our misery?

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 3:23 pm

Uprising wrote:
Anything that isn't pop music.

:roll: How sad....... Anyway, i'd say anything based on manufactured pop.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 3:28 pm

I think that Enya music will die out in the next 20 years, if it hasn't already. I mean, she's 50 years old, and likely has run out of ideas by now. She also has no children, lives in a castle by herself, and has more money than most people could ever hope to spend.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 3:30 pm

Fnord wrote:
I think that Enya music will die out in the next 20 years, if it hasn't already. I mean, she's 50 years old, and likely has run out of ideas by now. She also has no children, lives in a castle by herself, and has more money than most people could ever hope to spend.

That would truly be sad.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 3:38 pm

Pondering wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Pondering wrote:
I don't mean completely die out, since there will probably always be a little of certain genres of music out there being made.

It's just some music somehow loses its popularity through time. Take Hair Metal for example. It's not often you hear new Hair Metal music anymore, somehow, it just went away even though there was some really good hair metal back in the day.

Anyways I think Juggalo Music will die out within 20 years. The music is not the smartest, it's often shockrap or joke making rap, the musicians who are made in the business are often unhealthy, and consuming a lot of alcohol, and other dangerous drugs, and so are their followers. It's not easy being a made Juggalo musician as it is, and with them living dangerous lifestyles I see the big musicians dying early and the music suffering due to it, same with the juggalo listeners since a lot of them live similar unhealthy lifestyles.. As time goes by I think many Juggalo musicians will also quit making that kind of music. This is just what I expect to happen if it does not just lose popularity because people think it is bad music.

I think there are much worse things then Juggalo Music....But just about everything I listen to has been controversial at some time or another. Also, not everyones perfect if all songs where about how perfect everyones lives are music would be so boring lots of people in bands of other genres are also unhealthy, consuming a lot of alcohol and drugs as are many of the fans of various genres of music. That's actually been going on quite some time, I mean what about all that acid rock in the 60's I really doubt the majority of people into that spent all their time sober.

In the 60's The Doors where considered controversial for making drug & sex references, the way I see it if someone wants to write a song about drugs, alcohol, sex or any other topic they have every right to. As for music dying out I would hope the mainstream popular music dies because its terrible but I do hope Metal and Psychedelic Rock, and various other genres continue. Even if they do end up ignored by the vast majority of people who are too busy listening to mainstream popular music.

Yes there is much worse music than Juggalo music. Nazi music for example...

I never claimed music made with the assistance of mind altering drugs was bad, or anything like that. Most of the music I listen to is made by people who consume such things. I prefer music to be made that way, it just sounds better, it makes a lot of people more creative. I am already aware of the 60's music scene and have no problem with it and drugs have almost always been a part of the music scene.

Nothing wrong with drug references or sex references. There are some great songs referencing those things.

As for psychedelic rock I believe that is a genre that will take much longer than 20 years to die, if it ever does. That sort of genre is one almost anyone can get into, so I don't see it going away anytime soon. I rarely listen to metal anymore. I used to be a real metal head but I've calmed down quite a lot since then.

I still consider myself a metalhead, only problem is I can't seem to find many other metal heads. But yeah I am mostly into the more oldschool metal though I do enjoy a lot of more extreme metal as well. Unfortunatly even though psychedelic rock still exists most people think it is dead......but there's lots of newer psychedelic rock bands.

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 3:53 pm

I think Metal is a genre that'll last, because the fans are generally devoted about it and less fickle than other music fans, they'd always want to continue the chain.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 3:59 pm

I think the big record companies are trying their best to silently kill anything that isn't made by them and I'm sure that if it was up to them, only pop music would exist and believe me, they do got power. Underground music was way more popular in the 90s than it is now.