Post your ideas for screenplays/plays here and get feedback!

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2012, 3:12 pm

If you are one who enjoys writing screenplays or plays, post your ideas for your next story or whatever you're working on now and get feedback. Please be respectful towards other Aspies and their ideas and don't make an Aspie who posts in this thread feel bad.

My Idea: The Count of Monte Cristo+ O Brother, Where Art Thou set in present-day Portland.

Plot of Story: A woman and her boyfriend are not all that surprised when they receive invitations to attend their college reunion for their college where they met as students 15 years before. Now that they're rich, hot, and running their own business together, they plan on seeking revenge against those who bullied them around because they both have AS. As the time for the reunion approaches, the couple, after getting a little help from their four children {two sets of twins, now teenagers}, the couple take on an identity, even though they realize that there may not be a need for revenge at all.

Last edited by AnonymousAnonymous on 05 Oct 2012, 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2012, 5:47 pm

If the couple met in HS in, say, the 10th grade, they'd be around 15 or 16 years old. 15 years later, they'd be around 31 years old. To have kids who are teens the woman would have been pregnant around the 10th or 11th grade. This is possible. Then for them to grow up and be successful business people with those incredible odds would be fascinating. That makes them pretty strong folks, not the kind that would give in to petty contrivances like getting back the bully or bullies that tormented them. Being a pregnant teen, the woman would probably be in special classes with other teen moms anyway. The chances of her being bullied is nil.

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2012, 7:20 am

My Ideas:

The Last Carolina Man, starring Johhny Depp.

Set in the South Carolina lowcountry, the story concerns Johnny Depp's character, a Native American assassin approaching mandatory retirement age. Embarking on one last job, he epically screws it up, and now, his employers are out for his scalp, sending contract killers from around the world to hunt him down. Filled with extremely gory gunplay, and featuring Christopher Walken, Edward James Olmos, Bruce Willis, Ken Watanabe, Dakota Fanning, and Dustin Hoffman.

The Innocence Thief

A psychological thriller with Steve Martin portraying a teacher who happens to be a closet pedophile. Our main character is a young boy, one of his victims, who is torn between telling somebody about the sexual abuse, or sticking around with Steve Martin, whom he has developed an odd kinship with.

The Girls of Gemini

A nod to thrillers and rape/revenge films of the 70s, this one is about a pair of identical twin women; one is an agent of a cloak-and-dagger organization, the other a meek school teacher. A case of mistaken identity leaves old enemies of the spy kidnapping the teacher instead. They brutally interrogate her for information regarding the whereabouts of a MacGuffin she knows nothing about. Meanwhile, the spy disobeys orders and goes on a search for her twin, all the while undergoing a serious case of seperation anxiety...

The Suburb Story

A comeback vehicle for Molly Ringwald, about a retired CIA operative who investigates and deals with terrorists in her Chicago suburb.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2012, 5:49 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
If the couple met in HS in, say, the 10th grade, they'd be around 15 or 16 years old. 15 years later, they'd be around 31 years old. To have kids who are teens the woman would have been pregnant around the 10th or 11th grade. This is possible. Then for them to grow up and be successful business people with those incredible odds would be fascinating. That makes them pretty strong folks, not the kind that would give in to petty contrivances like getting back the bully or bullies that tormented them. Being a pregnant teen, the woman would probably be in special classes with other teen moms anyway. The chances of her being bullied is nil.

I agree with you, which is why I changed it from the couple meeting in HS to the couple meeting in college. Also, even though the couple being parents to two sets of twins 15 years later, the couple still have symptoms of PTSD, or something similar to PTSD because of the woman while in college being oppressed by others for being openly AS, as the man being intimidated by others while in college too, for not only being openly AS, also being openly religious despite his liberal political views.

Also, in what ways can revenge look funny?

Last edited by AnonymousAnonymous on 05 Oct 2012, 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2012, 6:08 pm

Giftorcurse wrote:
My Ideas:

The Innocence Thief

A psychological thriller with Steve Martin portraying a teacher who happens to be a closet pedophile. Our main character is a young boy, one of his victims, who is torn between telling somebody about the sexual abuse, or sticking around with Steve Martin, whom he has developed an odd kinship with.

For your plot, it sounds like something more suitable for an odd-couple dark comedy than for a psychological thriller. Even though the teacher is a closet pedophile, how old is the boy that he has developed a kinship with? Does the boy realize he has developed this connection between himself and his abuser?

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2012, 2:07 pm

My new idea: District 9 but with Catholics instead of aliens

Plot of story: A Catholic family of three moves into a neighborhood where everybody is Catholic. The new family is welcomed with such joy, that after a few days, they are invited to have dinner with a seasoned family who has lived in the neighborhood for a very long time. Over time, the new family notices that everybody in the neighborhood acts the same because of a drug that blocks everybody's different ways of thinking. The drug is similar to the One-A-Day pill and Pepto-Bismol for those who can't swallow pills.

The new family, since they're so different from everybody else, finds out about rules that everybody must follow through the usage of the drug, and when everybody else finds out, the new family tries to find out who is distributing the drugs and for what reason or reasons.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2012, 5:51 pm

A boy has a dog. The boy gets into a difficult situation. The dog rescues him.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2012, 9:04 pm

^^
That sounds like something for a Lassie movie; but what exactly is the difficult situation the boy gets into? :)

My new idea: A woman works as a teacher at a K-5 school where she attended classes as a child. One day, she notices a pedophile trying to make advances on one of her students during a field trip and she saves her student from the pedophile. Even though she doesn't want to be called a hero, it turns out, after some time, that the woman herself may have been abusive towards her own two children, both of whom are autistic. Once her past is made public, the woman is forced to figure out a way to convince people that she isn't an abusive mother, or else her past, if true or not, may land her in therapy.

So the question here is very much a "Is she or isn't she?" story.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2012, 11:57 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
^^
That sounds like something for a Lassie movie; but what exactly is the difficult situation the boy gets into? :)

Somebody STOLE my idea ! !! I knew better that to POST IT ! !!

paddy26
Toucan
Toucan

16 Oct 2012, 8:26 pm

I've just written my first screenplay which is sort of like the fugitive/tell no one meets trainspotting. I'm also attempting another one which is a supernatural thriller based in 19th century Dublin. Does anyone have any useful tips on where to send scripts to for feedback?

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2012, 11:10 am

Recently, I got an idea from this image, shot in China.

A Tokyo Tale
Genre: Action thriller, coming-of-age, chase movie
Ichiro Tanaka is a teenaged boy in Japan with a strained relationship with his parents, veteran police detective Jiro and wife Sueko, who are close to getting a divorce. In the midst of this, the Tokyo Metropolitan Police is cracking down on the Yakuza, gaining the attention of fiend-for-hire Sato. Sato is hired by the Yakuza to "hit the cops where it hurts." Sato kidnaps Sueko and holds her for ransom, as well as turning on his bosses. Ichiro and Jiro start a father-and-son pursuit of Sato, bringing Ichiro's girlfriend Kaori, the police, and the Yakuza into the maelstrom. Setpieces include a raid in a dockside warehouse, a train derailing off the tracks and onto the streets, and a bloody one-on-one battle between Ichiro and Sato on the roof of a skyscraper.

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2012, 5:43 pm

Connor Bible's Robespierre

A steamy, ultraviolent period piece chronicling the controversial figure (played by either Elijah Wood or Cillian Murphy), as well as his transgressions and hypocrisy. Rated R.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 6:47 pm

Due to being emotionally and psychologically pimp-slapped around as children, which led to both a Catholic brother and a sister developing bad, antisocial attitudes. They go to the same college together, though avoiding contact with other students. One day, while having a bite to eat, they encounter a Jewish brother and sister who have worse attitudes than they for very much the same reasons.

The four of them get along very easily, despite the past they share. The Jewish brother and sister went to the same grade school as the Catholic siblings, even though all four try not to remember the past.

What do two pairs of siblings do, after becoming friends and seeing that revenge isn't the answer? Rated R for violence and language.