Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Bartolome
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Oct 2012, 9:14 pm

You guys know that cliche of the really OCD Punkternative artist-type who has the occasional freakouts... I totally used to fit that stereotype.

I say this in jest, to some degree, as I dislike stereotypes. Particularly the "computer geek" stereotype of people with AS.

Fatal-Noogie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: California coast, United States of America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Cosmos

24 Oct 2012, 11:36 pm

Do you produce "Punkternative" art?
If so, in what mediums? Do you have samples online?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2012, 2:08 am

I don't fit the computer geek profile very well either.......though I am more of a metalhead. But that's not to say I don't enjoy punk and alternative it just has to be good punk and alternative, goth rock of the punk kind can be pretty damn awesome as well.

I fit more of the mental rocker/metalhead profile I suppose if that is an actual sterotype. 8)

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

25 Oct 2012, 5:13 pm

[Moved from Autism Politics, Activism, and Media Representation to Art, Writing, and Music]

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2012, 3:09 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
I don't fit the computer geek profile very well either.......though I am more of a metalhead. But that's not to say I don't enjoy punk and alternative it just has to be good punk and alternative, goth rock of the punk kind can be pretty damn awesome as well.

I fit more of the mental rocker/metalhead profile I suppose if that is an actual sterotype. 8)
'

I don't think it's really as much being a Punk as the Punk attitude.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2012, 3:11 am

Ganondox wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

'

I think that depends on the person, I am all about the music........I'm a metalhead because metal is awesome, but yeah I like some punk and other rock just don't consider myself part of any specific other music sorts of subcultures than metal. But its about liking the metal not an attitude....cant speak for those more into the punk scene or even all metalheads.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2012, 12:15 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Ganondox wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

'

I think that depends on the person, I am all about the music........I'm a metalhead because metal is awesome, but yeah I like some punk and other rock just don't consider myself part of any specific other music sorts of subcultures than metal. But its about liking the metal not an attitude....cant speak for those more into the punk scene or even all metalheads.

I mean for the stereotype, I don't think it has anything to do with musical preferences, just the person has more of a punk attitude than a typical person attitude.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 6:52 am

I wasn't aware of this stereotype, and I'm still not sure what it means.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 2:47 pm

Ganondox wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Ganondox wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

'

I mean for the stereotype, I don't think it has anything to do with musical preferences, just the person has more of a punk attitude than a typical person attitude.

alright, I guess i just don't know what sort of attitude that would be exactly, I am much more familiar with the music genre and subculture. I guess I would assume this attitude could apply to both punks and metalheads and just general people of subcultures, sorry if I'm not following this too well.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2012, 2:49 pm

Bun wrote:
I wasn't aware of this stereotype, and I'm still not sure what it means.

this^ what I was getting at in simpler terms.