Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Jitro
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2013, 11:38 pm

I like them. Now that's why I call music. There titled "now" with some number after them.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2013, 12:42 am

i'd surely like to put out my own.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2013, 3:19 am

I've never even heard of them.

Are they of any specific types of music? Are they new music, old music, mix of both, something else?

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2013, 3:39 am

They are mostly pop. Edited cd's that contain today's hottest music which is mostly songs by artists such as Katy Perry or Taylor Swift.

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2013, 8:41 am

eric76 wrote:

Are they of any specific types of music? Are they new music, old music, mix of both, something else?
They're a compilation of the music that's in the chart, at the time they're released.

I think I have 2, Now 7 and Now 64. Obviously I liked what I hearing on the radio, when they were released.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2013, 12:03 am

They sound like they would be terrible.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2013, 10:15 am

eric76 wrote:

The latest Top 40.

Right now: say Gangum style, katey Perrry, Rhianna, Rap, country-crossover hits by Taylor Swift, a rock song here, a love ballad there,etc.

A big mix of whatever the current hits are at the moment.

A new CD of 18 songs or 19 songs comes out every ( I dunno) maybe four months. More than once a year.

In the USA theve been cranking them out since the nineties, and they are up to the double digits ("Now 45", "Now 46").

But the British company that puts them out has been doing it since the eighties. The British version of the "Now" series is probably in the three digits now ( they were in the double digits when the american series was in the single digits in the Nineties).

I work as a deejay for a party deejay company. So for me they are a godsend and a great tool to keep abreast of the latest stuff that young folks like.

Actually lately theyve expanded and put out various oldies packages as well (Now! thats what I call classic Rock!- that sorta thing).

Last edited by naturalplastic on 22 Jan 2013, 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2013, 4:30 pm

We had something similar in the Netherlands, called Hitzone. It started in '98, I'm not sure how far along they are now. They'd have 3 or 4 Hitzones in a year, featuring the greatest chart hits of that moment. I remember listening to Hitzone 2 and Hitzone 9, but at a later date and purely out of nostalgic considerations. Nowadays, I won't listen to a Hitzone, because you'll usually get a lot of songs you dislike along with the songs you like.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2013, 9:46 pm

CyclopsSummers wrote:
Nowadays, I won't listen to a Hitzone, because you'll usually get a lot of songs you dislike along with the songs you like.

You just hit on something that is, I think, very common. A great many people buy an album for just the one or two songs and aren't really interested in listening to the rest.

I never have really understood that, in general. I do have a few albums that have a song or two that I'm not very fond of, but in general, I enjoy all the songs on the album, not just the title songs.

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2013, 10:01 am

eric76 wrote:
You just hit on something that is, I think, very common. A great many people buy an album for just the one or two songs and aren't really interested in listening to the rest.

I never have really understood that, in general. I do have a few albums that have a song or two that I'm not very fond of, but in general, I enjoy all the songs on the album, not just the title songs.

I find that bizarre, too. I'll listen to an album as a single entity that flows from song to song.

If it turns out I dislike the majority of the songs, I'll give it away (and that really doesn't happen often).

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2013, 4:12 pm

CyclopsSummers wrote:
eric76 wrote:

I find that bizarre, too. I'll listen to an album as a single entity that flows from song to song.

If it turns out I dislike the majority of the songs, I'll give it away (and that really doesn't happen often).

When I save an album on the computer, I number the songs so that when they are loaded in alphabetical order, the order is the same as on the original album. I think that most ripping software does this for you automatically, but some don't.