Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2007, 5:14 pm

I love jazz and fusion. I love them due to their complexity, creativity and exploritivity. I feel that they symbolically describe the way my mind works: syncopated, busy, and complex. I feel that they are rather "aspergian" in that sense as well, though that is just the way i see it. Anyone else a lover of modern jazz or fusion??

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2007, 6:15 pm

I am a modern jazz person myself.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

cloud
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Jan 2007, 6:27 pm

I too, I always Liked Jaco and Zappa...

If you play genius, you`ll be one.

Salvador dali

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2007, 6:34 pm

cloud wrote:
I too, I always Liked Jaco and Zappa...

Same here. I think jaco is the most influential bassist ever. Too bad what happened to him.

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2007, 6:35 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
I am a modern jazz person myself.

Tim

What are some of your favored artists? I love chick corea, john coltrane, miles davis, dizzy gillespie, and so on.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2007, 9:49 pm

I like Miles Davis, Especially his stuff from b*****s Brew to Agharta. Chicago Art Ensemble and Sun Ra, and Peter Brotzmann are really good as well.

DerekD_Goldfish
Toucan
Toucan

09 Jan 2007, 2:30 pm

I listin to some Jazz(Coltraine/davis) but probably not enough a lot of bands I like are heavly Jazz influenced like (later era) Talk Talk

Revenant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2007, 3:33 pm

I love jazz and fusion. I love the playfullness of jazz and the weird sounds of fusion. Fave bands & players: Alan Holdsworth, Ric Fierrabacci, Frank Gambale, Wes Montgomery, John Scofield, Bugge Wesseltoft(NORWEGIAN!! !), Oscar Peterson, John McLaughlin(No to mention his Mahavishnu Orchestra :wink: ). Oh I can go on for hours...

I'm a guitarist and I'm starting to unlock the keys to sounding obnoxious: Arpeggiating over extended chords and adding those chromatic notes. Fusion changed my playing style and personal "guitar voice" to the better!

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2007, 4:37 pm

Revenant wrote:
I love jazz and fusion. I love the playfullness of jazz and the weird sounds of fusion. Fave bands & players: Alan Holdsworth, Ric Fierrabacci, Frank Gambale, Wes Montgomery, John Scofield, Bugge Wesseltoft(NORWEGIAN!! !), Oscar Peterson, John McLaughlin(No to mention his Mahavishnu Orchestra :wink: ). Oh I can go on for hours...

I'm a guitarist and I'm starting to unlock the keys to sounding obnoxious: Arpeggiating over extended chords and adding those chromatic notes. Fusion changed my playing style and personal "guitar voice" to the better!

I'm a guitarist too! I also love jazz. I've been playing for about 11 years, im 23 now. Have you ever checked out anything by Scott Henderson or Chris Poland?

Revenant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2007, 5:50 pm

Oh yeah! Poland is awesome, and I love Ohm! I have only been playing for 4 years so I'm probably nowhere near the level you're at skill-wise. Haven't heard anything from Henderson though, but the name rings a bell.

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2007, 6:21 pm

Revenant wrote:
Oh yeah! Poland is awesome, and I love Ohm! I have only been playing for 4 years so I'm probably nowhere near the level you're at skill-wise. Haven't heard anything from Henderson though, but the name rings a bell.

Hell yeh. If you love Fusion guitar check out scott henderson's solo work and when he played in "tribal tech".