Was looking for a place to post this.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2016, 5:32 pm

I have been working on these, and so far these ones are complete.

Guess since they are attached to games involving miniatures, I could have put it in the 'games' section but at this point I know a lot more about painting them than playing any games with them...so its more art to me.

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2016, 5:38 pm

I like them. You did very well painting them. What game are they from?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2016, 6:03 pm

Yigeren wrote:
I like them. You did very well painting them. What game are they from?

I couldn't really say exactly, I know the company that makes those particular ones and the others I am working on is called Reaper, and they make sort of generic models that can be used for multiple games but not sure what specifically the ones I have are intended for. My boyfriend likes to paint Warhammer miniatures particularly orcs, which are significantly more expensive than the Reaper miniatures...whereas he found this other game called Song of Blades and Heroes which you can use any models you want for so we've thought of giving that a go.

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2016, 6:11 pm

I just looked them up online. They have a lot of different figures available. I doubt I'd use them to play games, but they are cool enough that I'd probably buy some just to paint and collect.

I have so many unfinished projects to work on though, so I'd likely never have the time.

Are you going to buy more? Do you plan on collecting them or using them to play games?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2016, 6:18 pm

Yigeren wrote:
I just looked them up online. They have a lot of different figures available. I doubt I'd use them to play games, but they are cool enough that I'd probably buy some just to paint and collect.

I have so many unfinished projects to work on though, so I'd likely never have the time.

Are you going to buy more? Do you plan on collecting them or using them to play games?

I probably will get more, mostly for collecting and displaying, but I certainly would be open to playing games with them, since it seems like it could be kind of fun....though seems to be an awful lot of dice rolling and calculating, but it's simple math no weird equations or having to do long division by hand or anything so I imagine I could catch on.

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2016, 6:47 pm

That's cool. You should put up more pictures if you decide to get more. I've never played any of those types of games before; when I was growing up kids usually mostly played videogames. And since reaching adulthood, I've had no one to play with anyway. But apparently it's pretty fun.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2016, 7:39 pm

Yigeren wrote:
That's cool. You should put up more pictures if you decide to get more. I've never played any of those types of games before; when I was growing up kids usually mostly played videogames. And since reaching adulthood, I've had no one to play with anyway. But apparently it's pretty fun.

I really haven't either, I've mostly just played video games or regular board games like monopoly, clue, chess and such. But yeah I have a completed cave troll and a couple other trolls I am working on one of which is almost done.