Page 3 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2013, 11:17 pm

Westside Story,Slum Dog Millionaire, Blues Brothers, Commitments, the Harder They Come (very good 70's reggae sampler), Help, Hard Days Night, Wonder Wall (one of the strangest soundtracks ever).

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2013, 12:28 am

Dream with the Fishes.

Falcor
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Dec 2013, 3:31 pm

I think the first movie tracks that I loved were Limahl's the Neverending Story and the Ivory Tower theme. After that I actually did buy the soundtrack to Legend (Tangerine Dream original version), Bladerunner (love most of Vangelis' music), Gladiator, Lion King, and Mike Oldfield's the Songs of Distant Earth (soundtrack Arthur C Clarke's book). :D

USMCnBNSFdude
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2013, 1:51 pm

Gattaca (Michael Nyman) and The Thin Red Line (Hans Zimmer, before he was into deafening horn noises) are two of my all time favorite soundtracks. John Williams' most famous scores are also great.

I also have to mention The Passion of the Christ. I'm totally aware of the controversy surrounding this movie, but it has some truly amazing music by John Debney. It's derived in a lot of ways from The Last Temptation's music, but it's more polished and less experimental than that soundtrack.