Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 


User avatar

Joined: 9 Feb 2012
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,129
Location: California

28 Mar 2013, 8:01 pm

I didn't know which category to post this in. I'm learning to write in Arabic. Has anyone found a website where I can purchase marker pens that are specifically made for this? I've been using calligraphy pens that are meant for Latin alphabets, and I'm tired of them. Also, I don't want to use the sort of pens that I have to dip in ink.

Assume nothing, question everything.
DX Central Auditory Processing Deficit


User avatar

Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Age: 74
Gender: Male
Posts: 657
Location: Out of my mind. Back in 10 minutes.

28 Mar 2013, 8:37 pm

I use the Speedball Elegant Writer pens made by Hunt Mfg. Statesville,NC. They are felt tip pens of various widths, but I don't know if they still make them or not, since mine are rather old.

"A man needs a little madness...or else...he never dares cut the rope and be free."
Nikos Kazantzakis, ZORBA THE GREEK

Some of us just have a little more madness than others!

Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 11 Sep 2012
Age: 33
Gender: Female
Posts: 237
Location: Australia

03 Apr 2013, 3:42 am

Here's a link to the calligraphy pen I have. I think this is "Latin alphabet" calligraphy pen you've mentioned. ... -set-black

I know you said you wanted a marker pen. But have you considered using a brush similar to the ones used for Chinese calligraphy?

Something like this...will give you the fluidity needed for curved letters and it can be filled with ink like a fountain pen. It might not be useful if you were planning on doing smaller lettering. ... c8a866718a

Hopefully this was somewhat helpful.

Please post some photos of your calligraphy if you aren't too shy, when you do some you think is nice enough. I would enjoy seeing it.

Steady hand!

"The world is but a canvas to our imagination."