Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Donnie67
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Apr 2013, 12:43 am

I've written poems since I can remember....sometimes it's the only way I feel I can get things out of me and express myself..... I have such a difficult time talking to people... I write and feel comfortable and calm and like a little pain goes away and a world can make sense. Sometimes they are the only thoughts that make sense to me..... Does anyone else think like this?

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2013, 12:53 am

I briefly started typing my own in grade school, and stopped shortly after remembering how difficult they'd be to read to anyone - I placed them in a password protected folder on the home PC, then deleted it. I've found a lot I can relate to in underground hip hop and occasionally spoken word. Often I find my responses to life's challenging aspects more poetic than anything I could write down unprovoked, that's probably why my favorite reading material where this is concerned is free verse.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen: