Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2013, 4:18 pm

I read there is another book that has been published from a Twilight fan fiction sight. Reviews seem to indicate it is utter crap and i makes me wonder if publishing firms are just going after any old rubbish they think will sell.

So if you want to get a book published it seems all you need do is write some amateur s**t and post it online as Twilight fan fiction. Then you have book deal and sell millions!

Publisher's should be ashamed.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

17 Mar 2013, 5:45 pm

Fanfiction should only be for fun, if you ask me. Trying to gain a profit off of someone else's franchise and character universe almost seems like stealing. I've read fantastic fanfiction, though. My favorite is one called Gutters.

TheBlueEyedAlien
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Mar 2013, 4:58 pm

Fanfiction is just a good way for fans imagination to run wild. Having a Fanfiction.net account and having read multiple stories of multiple popular characters, it's just all about toying with fantasies. It's never created to earn a profit, just to let what ever ideas that skitter around in a crazy fans mind to set free so they don't explode. I don't think you can take popular (probably copyrighted) stories such as Twilight, make the characters do what ever you write them to and then turn around to make money off of them.
I don't have anything against Fanfiction authors. Bad or not, jut go crazy! :afro:

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2013, 6:49 am

TheBlueEyedAlien wrote:
Fanfiction is just a good way for fans imagination to run wild. Having a Fanfiction.net account and having read multiple stories of multiple popular characters, it's just all about toying with fantasies. It's never created to earn a profit, just to let what ever ideas that skitter around in a crazy fans mind to set free so they don't explode. I don't think you can take popular (probably copyrighted) stories such as Twilight, make the characters do what ever you write them to and then turn around to make money off of them.
I don't have anything against Fanfiction authors. Bad or not, jut go crazy! :afro:

Fifty Shades of Grey was apparently written as fanfiction with Bella and Edward as the main characters. Because it proved popular it has now been published and the character names changed. It has sold millions now.

Stephanie Meyer must be taking a cut.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2013, 2:04 pm

TheBlueEyedAlien wrote:

Exactly. I've got so many ideas running through my head that it's hard to focus on just one project at a time. Most Beast Wars fan fiction that I have read tend to be moments of either excitmemt or "WTF did i just read". This has prompted me to brainstorm my own BW Ideas :)

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

Cilantro
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Jun 2013, 2:11 pm

Why shouldn't publishers go after what they think will sell? Their business is books and business is about selling what people will buy, not personal tastes.