Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Mirror21
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2013, 5:02 pm

Doing some hard evaluation on my sketching and artwork I have come to a rather self-evident conclusion, sad as it may be. I suck at spatial dimensions. I can draw an eye, for example with eerie accuracy, shade it well enough to seem like it peers at you from the sheet of paper, but, put it in a face and it looks like a blind woman pasted body parts on a blank head with little regard for dimension. It does not seem to matter how many layers of lines and guides and under-drawings I evoke to put s**t where it goes, it seldom ends up looking like it fits. I love to draw and I have been obsessed with portraiture for a while but of course, it seems to be a failing recourse. Thus in light of this self-imposed torture I am going to try, very hard, to steer my subjects in a different direction.

The problem is what to draw? I have no idea what else will catch my attention for me to draw it that will not madden me beyond comprehension.

AshTrees
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Oct 2013, 5:41 pm

Snowflakes are beautiful

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Snowflakes-Phot ... ake+wilson

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2013, 6:12 pm

why not try to draw hyperdimensional objects?

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2013, 6:13 pm

Practice, practice, practice...

Been there, done that. Just keep doing it...it will come...in time...

Mirror21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2013, 2:41 pm

Thank you so much for all your suggestions!

*sigh* with how stressing my life has been the past three days, I don't even know how I manage to pick up the pencil. I am so sick to my stomach I think I will throw up again. because of this: s**t hit the fan