Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

CTCD
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Jan 2007, 6:52 pm

I'm currently reading Dragonflight and overal I'm liking it but it's kinda hard to get into.

Has anyone else read any of the books and can you tell me more about the other ones?

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2007, 7:11 pm

I've almost read the whole series, right now i'm reading All the Weyrs of Pern, which occurs a few years after Dragonflight. BTW, have you read Dragonsdawn? IF not, i would suggest you read it, it shows how Pern, the dragons, and Thread first came to be (it's the first book in the series.) I can't tell you much about the last book without giving away plot details of the first book.

R'xas <--- Dragonrider version of my username

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

jnet
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Jan 2007, 7:15 pm

I've read every book in that series and I LOVE them! The characters and the world grow as you keep reading. The Pern series is one of the best series I have read.

CTCD
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Jan 2007, 7:25 pm

Right now all i've got is Dragonflight, DragonQuest, The White Dragon, Dragondrum, All The Wyers Of Pern.

I've only got those books because my dad read the series before me but I can't find any of the other books he has.

eenawes
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Jan 2007, 7:30 pm

The Pern series is THE best! That whole lovefest with Dragon, um, I mean, Eragon, was complete rubbish, a complete ripoff of so many superior series. Ugh! Anne McCaffrey (sp?) deserves a movie series.

CTCD
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Jan 2007, 7:32 pm

eenawes wrote:
The Pern series is THE best! That whole lovefest with Dragon, um, I mean, Eragon, was complete rubbish, a complete ripoff of so many superior series. Ugh! Anne McCaffrey (sp?) deserves a movie series.

....I like Eragon....

You must be an Anti.....(Just go on any fan site and you'll see what I mean.)

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2007, 9:39 am

I enjoyed the two books about Menolly in particular. They were Dragonsong and Dragonsinger: Harper of Pern.
Menolly is such an endearing character.

eenawes
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Feb 2007, 10:05 am

CTCD wrote:
....I like Eragon....

You must be an Anti.....(Just go on any fan site and you'll see what I mean.)

No, label me correctly. I am SUPER-Anti.

CTCD
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Feb 2007, 4:49 pm

I'm just finishing up Dragonflight and will be starting dragonquest. Does anyone know how I can find the rest of the books since all the ones on ebay I either have or they are over priced.

I'm also reading All The Wyers Of Pern for the hell of it and am a bit sad because.

Spoilers!! !! !

Avias is gonna kill himself in the end. I love that character.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2007, 5:18 pm

CTCD wrote:
I'm just finishing up Dragonflight and will be starting dragonquest. Does anyone know how I can find the rest of the books since all the ones on ebay I either have or they are over priced.

Probably at a used bookstore that has a large collection of SF/Fantasy. FWIW, I remember trying to get into the series back in the early 80's, and wasn't too successful. I also tried to get into other works by Anne McCaffrey, and didn't particularly care too much for her work.

CTCD
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Feb 2007, 7:14 am

I just went to a few local book stores and all I could find was DragonKin, DragonBlood, The MasterHarper Of Pern.

They were all about seven dollers so I got them.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2007, 8:53 pm

CTCD wrote:

I'm also reading All The Wyers Of Pern for the hell of it and am a bit sad because.

Spoilers!! !! !

OI!! ! THANKS A LOT, I HAVEN'T FINISHED IT YET!! ! :evil: :evil:

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

CTCD
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Feb 2007, 11:33 am

Roxas_XIII wrote:
CTCD wrote:

Spoilers!! !! !

OI!! ! THANKS A LOT, I HAVEN'T FINISHED IT YET!! ! :evil: :evil:

That's why I said spoilers! I didn't give away what else happens at the end though.....