Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

TG
Toucan
Toucan

03 Feb 2007, 11:12 am

I have a library of thousands of songs in my head, and often a word or phrase will remind me of a song and I will either start singing it or reply to someone in conversation with it, or just have it stuck in my head - and hopefully it's a good song...!
Like right now I keep seeing Starbuline's signature Multiply Divide - the whole song is rushing through my head over and over! Thankfully I love Metric!! ! HA!!
I have learned which social situations to not burst out singing in, which, luckily, aren't many, because I do it so often, and the most random songs as well....

Any one else?

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2007, 11:17 am

TG-your sig.

That's how they encode "Thou Shalt Not Ask A Stupid Question!"

Much like they encode "Sorry!! !" into the phrase, "Lacks Qualified Applicants"

Someday...I shall write a book on it...someday..

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2007, 11:23 am

Yes. I used to. Others have a way of taking a concept and putting it to music, that may unintendedly parellel my version of a topic on my thoughts. Like, some years back, while walking towards a social group-I experienced say, forboding, 'For whom the bell tolls...'

In fact, up until they started to suck in the mid 90s, metallica had ALOT of phrases I could associate to concepts.--plus being great for workout.

TG
Toucan
Toucan

03 Feb 2007, 11:27 am

SeaBright wrote:
TG-your sig.

That's how they encode "Thou Shalt Not Ask A Stupid Question!"

Much like they encode "Sorry!! !" into the phrase, "Lacks Qualified Applicants"

Someday...I shall write a book on it...someday..

A little off topic, but I gotta ask, who are 'They'?

MelancholyBunny
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2007, 11:42 am

In Biology, as soon as my teacher used the word "Haemoglobin" i'd start snging the Placebo song of the same name, it was actually a good way of remembering what it is.

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2007, 11:55 am

TG wrote:
A little off topic, but I gotta ask, who are 'They'?

:P good question!

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2007, 12:35 pm

Sometimes.

- Emerson

troymclure
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Feb 2007, 9:12 pm

I often find myself quoting songs in everyday conversation.

SpectreWithin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Feb 2007, 2:19 am

I pretty much always have music playing in my head and I've felt compelled to respond to conversation with music / lyrics at times too. I usually hold back from actually doing that though because people usually don't get it and I get strange looks. But yeah the music is constantly going on in my head and it morphs according to the situation. Sometimes I have a hard time sleeping because I can't quiet down my "inner radio" hehe.

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2007, 2:24 am

TG wrote:
I have a library of thousands of songs in my head, and often a word or phrase will remind me of a song and I will either start singing it or reply to someone in conversation with it, or just have it stuck in my head - and hopefully it's a good song...!
Like right now I keep seeing Starbuline's signature Multiply Divide - the whole song is rushing through my head over and over! Thankfully I love Metric!! ! HA!!
I have learned which social situations to not burst out singing in, which, luckily, aren't many, because I do it so often, and the most random songs as well....

Any one else?

Yes! Someone else loves Metric!! !! I do the same thing....

Sir_Sefirot
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Feb 2007, 1:59 pm

I also have tons of music in my head, but I don't relate them to words but situations. When I'm in a tense situation, or a relaxed one, or any, I think of a particular song that may suit it. I have a permanent sountrack in my head sometimes :lol:

Lo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Feb 2007, 6:03 am

Yes, very much so, all my thoughts are in music (except for the odd word or fragment of sentence) and I talk to my computer in music.

nitro2k01
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Feb 2007, 9:35 am

Music is a pretty natural way of thinking for me. I can "play back" songs in my head, both those of others, and my own creations. The catch, however is that I can't express my ideas. I can't sing at all, I have to bad motoric skills to play a regular music instrument properly. The option left for me is to compose music on computers, which is what I do. However, I still have a problem expressing my thoughts. Yet so far, I haven't realy been able to duplicate my ideas exactly as I want to.

Sir_Sefirot

08 Feb 2007, 10:39 am

nitro2k01 wrote:
The option left for me is to compose music on computers, which is what I do. However, I still have a problem expressing my thoughts. Yet so far, I haven't realy been able to duplicate my ideas exactly as I want to.

Exactly so :P

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2007, 12:21 am

Music has been my obsession since I was very young. It is my means of expressing my emotions when I have trouble any other way. Not a day goes by when I do not listen to and sing music for most of the day. I do not know if this is like a stim or what, or an aspie thing, but I lose myself in my music.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2007, 12:33 am

i play back songs in my head all day. music is how i release all of my tension and can better express myself. if i was allowed to bring my cd player to school...i'd be the happiest person ever.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you