Veteran

16 Aug 2014, 5:08 pm

Does anybody else like Babymetal?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIKqgE4BwAY[/youtube]

Ectryon
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2014, 11:45 pm

oh good grief its awful. No correction its one of the funniest things ive seen in a loooong time

My history on this forum preserves my old and unregenerate self. In the years since I posted here I have undergone many changes. I accept responsibility for my posts but I no longer stand behind them.
And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high Hebrews 1:3

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2014, 12:52 am

I heard the claim that the vocals 'ruin' the music, but come on, that's what sets them apart! I'm a fan of both the cuteness thing and metal music, so.

Last edited by Bun on 17 Aug 2014, 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2014, 3:12 am

Great stuff.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2014, 1:32 pm

Bun wrote:
I heard the claim that the vocals 'ruin' the music, but come on, that's what sets them apart! I'm a fan of both the cuteness thing and metal music, so.

I don't know why people would say that. The vocalist is clearly talented. I could understand if they are talking about the other two chattering, though. I like when they sing but the talking is kind of annoying.

And I don't see them as cute; I see them as talented performers. I wonder if some people are just seeing how young they appear to be according to Western standards. They are 14 and 16; young women, in my eyes.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2014, 9:02 pm

Without the vocals it would be cool instrument rock- in fact the guitarist sounds like Joe Satriani - very fast picking.

It alternates between dark passages (satrianni sounding parts) with happy triumphant Beatles sounding parts.

The vocals give it this cheesy pop sound- so you have this trash metal sound wedded to pop vocals.

But visually the girl singers, with their over the top school girl pigtails, makes it look really cheesy.

But they are good singers. The music is a strange coupling. And that in turn is a strange bedfellow with the visual performance ( or strange to American eyes and ears).

Conclusion: Its so bad that its good!

I need a copy to give to my crazy buddy, who is a fan of Metallica, and Disturbed, just to mess with his head!

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

22 Aug 2014, 3:57 pm

I never heard of em but I like the singing thou I only find the music OK & would not like it without singing; that type of metal isn't really my style but singing makes it great. I'm going try & look em up on PirateBay & other torrent sites.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Evil_Chuck
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Aug 2014, 5:05 am

I voted 'WTF' because if you don't mind rather generic and gimmicky metal by artists who seem to lack pure musical ability and are doing this mainly to stand out, you will probably enjoy this music. Otherwise, it won't do much for you. The "so bad they're good" definition is very accurate. :lol:

FUNNY DEATH METAL LYRICS OF THE WEEK: 'DEMON'S WIND' BY VADER
Clammy frog descends
Demon's wind, the stars answer your desire
Join the undead, that's the place you'll never leave
You wanna die... but death cannot do us apart...

Ectryon
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2014, 7:50 am

Evil_Chuck wrote:
I voted 'WTF' because if you don't mind rather generic and gimmicky metal by artists who seem to lack pure musical ability and are doing this mainly to stand out, you will probably enjoy this music. Otherwise, it won't do much for you. The "so bad they're good" definition is very accurate. :lol:

I love prog metal acts such as early anathema opeth mastodon and mars volta (theyre not really metal more insane jazz fusion with metal undertones but this is why its prog) the metal presented here is just beyond the pail. Bland stuff when compard to what the above have accomplished

My history on this forum preserves my old and unregenerate self. In the years since I posted here I have undergone many changes. I accept responsibility for my posts but I no longer stand behind them.
And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high Hebrews 1:3

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2014, 1:11 am

I love them, but they are the type of band you can only enjoy if you don't take them to seriously.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html