Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2014, 10:44 pm

Very rarely does music produce a synesthetic effect in me, but there are two major exceptions: "Dream On" by Aerosmith and "Smooth" by Rob Thomas and Carlos Santana. When I listen to either song, and I first heard "Dream On" when I was 5 or 6, I perceive in my head a deep, dark red color that is pervasive as the song plays. The red color seems oppressive, but it is enjoyable regardless, and greatly adds to the enjoyment of these two songs.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 12:29 am

Had to look up what that word meant...but yeah I do not remember any times that has happened in relation to music that I wasn't tripping on mushrooms or acid, so for me its not something that happens naturally. Maybe if I where to trip enough times it would happen naturally :lol:

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 20 Nov 2014, 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 2:26 am

that would be a neat experience :dj:

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2014, 5:28 am

I stopped seeing music when I got sick. Not sure why, since my illness has nothing to do with my brain but whatever.