Am I the only one who can't listen to music ?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

SpirosD
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Nov 2014, 1:03 pm

I don't know if other are in the same situation, but I can only listen to music in certain conditions.
For me to listen to music I need to plug comfortable headphones into my Ipod, lay down in bed or in the couch, isolate all exterior sound and listen to it with my eyes close and enjoy it. But having music when watching a movie is not a problem either.
But doing like what most people do I simply can't, I get overwhelmed and go crazy to the point where I need to turn it off.
I can't listen to music with earphones on in the train, bus or on a plan like a lot of people do.
I can't listen to music in my car (talking radio yes)
I can't listen to music on my stereo at home
I can't listen to music when I'm on my computer, either simply browsing the internet, or working, or writing, I just can't (but ok when editing and putting a music track over an edit).
So, am I the only one, or other have the same problem? Can it be due to an overload of to much information entering my brain? Like in a bus where I'm already getting a lots of information and sounds.
Don't get me wrong, I like music... But I can only listen to it in a certain manner.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2014, 2:38 pm

I cannot say I have experienced anything like that...except sometimes if I am really stressed or have a headache and just need some quiet I can't really listen to music but that is about it. I always listen to it walking around, on the bus and such with headphones....honestly I like listening to music pretty much whenever possible.

I honestly prefer it on a good sound system without headphones.

campboy92
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Nov 2014, 7:58 pm

SpirosD wrote:
I don't know if other are in the same situation, but I can only listen to music in certain conditions.
For me to listen to music I need to plug comfortable headphones into my Ipod, lay down in bed or in the couch, isolate all exterior sound and listen to it with my eyes close and enjoy it. But having music when watching a movie is not a problem either.
But doing like what most people do I simply can't, I get overwhelmed and go crazy to the point where I need to turn it off.
I can't listen to music with earphones on in the train, bus or on a plan like a lot of people do.
I can't listen to music in my car (talking radio yes)
I can't listen to music on my stereo at home
I can't listen to music when I'm on my computer, either simply browsing the internet, or working, or writing, I just can't (but ok when editing and putting a music track over an edit).
So, am I the only one, or other have the same problem? Can it be due to an overload of to much information entering my brain? Like in a bus where I'm already getting a lots of information and sounds.
Don't get me wrong, I like music... But I can only listen to it in a certain manner.

I CAN'T LISTEN TO MUSIC EITHER CAUSE IT triggers my hypergraphia!