Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ghotistix
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2005, 9:54 pm

Last night I attended a Sigur Rós concert at the Boston Opera House. For those not up to date on the Icelandic music scene, Sigur Rós make the most amazingly gorgeous music in the world, so this concert was a pretty spectacular experience. My 22-year-old emotional-recluse brother who I went with later told me he was close to tears during one song, and that the woman next to him was sobbing throughout the entire set.

So yeah, they're real good. They released their fourth album "Takk" on Tuesday. I may be biased, but I think it's one of the best albums to be released in the last few years.

Any other fans around here?

Edit: Oh, all right. Have an MP3.

Last edited by ghotistix on 17 Sep 2005, 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2005, 4:55 am

Believe it or not, I heard their music for the first time last night, as it was on the radio.

Minus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Sep 2005, 3:10 pm

I like Sigur Ros as well. I saw them live back in 2002, when they released their previous album. And yes, their music does sometimes sort-of connect to my emotions. But I like sad music in general.

Next, listen to Talk Talk's later albums, Godspeed You Black Emperor and Mogwai...

Last edited by Minus on 24 Oct 2005, 2:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

ghotistix
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2005, 4:35 pm

Minusmanus wrote:
I like Sigur Ros as well. I saw them live back in 2002, when they released their previous album. And yes, their music does sometimes sort-of connect to my emotions. But I like sad music in general.

Next, listen to Talk Talk's later albums, Godspeed You Black Emperor and Mogwai...

Already got the GYBE and 'gwai collection, but I haven't yet given a close look at Talk Talk. I've heard a lot of good things about their influence, though.

I always thought Explosions in the Sky's more recent material sounds closer to Sigur Rós than most of traditional apocalyptic post-rock, but of course with a lot less diverse instrumentation.