Page 3 of 11 [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next

unnamed
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Apr 2007, 10:15 am

More Craig Nicholls fans!! Hooray!! Sunchild, I'm going to pm you! How lucky you are!! :) I tried pm'ing Autumn_Shade a few times, but I don't think the messages went through. Hopefully I'll get a chance to chat with her one of these days! I also sent Alex Plank a message suggesting he try to get an interview with Craig. It's clear that he's been an inspiration to lots of us, and we'd get so much out of hearing his thoughts and experiences, especially about his diagnosis & treatment, and how/if they've influenced his creative processes.

scrulie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 10:39 am

unnamed wrote:
More Craig Nicholls fans!! Hooray!! Sunchild, I'm going to pm you! How lucky you are!! :) I tried pm'ing Autumn_Shade a few times, but I don't think the messages went through. Hopefully I'll get a chance to chat with her one of these days! I also sent Alex Plank a message suggesting he try to get an interview with Craig. It's clear that he's been an inspiration to lots of us, and we'd get so much out of hearing his thoughts and experiences, especially about his diagnosis & treatment, and how/if they've influenced his creative processes.

Wow! That's a good idea! I wonder if he'd be up for it?

unnamed
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Apr 2007, 10:49 am

I hope so! As a celebrity who was diagnosed as an adult, after being completely trashed and humiliated in front of the whole world, he's got lots of valuable experiences to share about coming back from the bottom and being able to salvage his character and reputation as a musician. He's an amazing guy. I hope they consider trying to contact him!

scrulie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 11:42 am

unnamed wrote:
I hope so! As a celebrity who was diagnosed as an adult, after being completely trashed and humiliated in front of the whole world, he's got lots of valuable experiences to share about coming back from the bottom and being able to salvage his character and reputation as a musician. He's an amazing guy.

Absolutely! I think it would be really valuable to a lot of people.

unnamed
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Apr 2007, 10:02 pm

Hey, I just heard that Capitol has dropped the Vines! I wasn't aware of that; it's so depressing! Has anyone heard anything more about it??

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 10:25 pm

unnamed wrote:
Hey, I just heard that Capitol has dropped the Vines! I wasn't aware of that; it's so depressing! Has anyone heard anything more about it??

No! 8O They had it coming though. :(

Santa_Claus
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 10:39 pm

Never heard of this guy.

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 10:43 pm

Santa_Claus wrote:
Never heard of this guy.

He's the perfect human being. God perhaps.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2007, 11:11 pm

Starbuline wrote:
Santa_Claus wrote:
Never heard of this guy.

WOW, that is HIGH praise!(no pun intended) How did he get you to say something like that?

scrulie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2007, 2:50 am

unnamed wrote:

Where did you hear this? i do hope it's not true!
EDIT: It's OK I found the story on their site. Shame but they shouldn't have any trouble getting another deal.

Last edited by scrulie on 04 Apr 2007, 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

scrulie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2007, 2:53 am

Starbuline wrote:
Santa_Claus wrote:
Never heard of this guy.

Ha ha! No not God. An angel perhaps. Oh dear we should stop before someone throws up.........
Sorry people but we do love him! :P

SunChild1969
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Apr 2007, 5:16 am

Of course he's an angel, look at this face:

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :oops:

unnamed wrote:

Thats a great idea! I hope it happens. :) Most of the interviews with him I've read are before the diagnosis, it would be really interesting to hear about how its changed him and his outlook. But only if he's comfortable with it of course.

Starbuline wrote:
Odd. I want him to talk about his AS.

Have you read this?
http://thevines.forumsunlimited.com/ind ... t&p=370028
It's a very interesting read. He talks a little bit about his diagnosis. Lots of articles mention his AS, but theres not much about it from his point of view. I'm not sure if hes confortable with talking about it publicly. There was one interview that asked him if any tracks on the album deal with his diagnosis, and he sarcastically said there was this one song called "Asperger rock" :lol: I love his sense of humour, its so quirky and unique.

Autumn_Shade
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 May 2007, 5:44 pm

unnamed wrote:

Hey, its me! I'm here, I'm back!! I CAN NOT believe I missed this discussion about my most favourite human being!! I'm sorry, I've been kinda distracted, and haven't been on WP for a while, (well you know, it happens) So yeah, I'm real late, but I would LOVE to talk to anyone about this fantastic, truly inspirational person.
I didn't get any pms :cry:
...so please try again, or I will just have to pm you!

unnamed
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 May 2007, 7:16 pm

Wheeee!! ! I just pm'd you!! Let the Craiggie worship begin!! :heart:

scrulie
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2007, 3:15 am

:D :D :D Hooray!! !! ! :D :D :D

Let's have another one of these!! !!

Oh and another why not:

YUM!

Autumn_Shade
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 May 2007, 4:05 am

Oh sweeeet gifs!
Such a great subject to work with, don't you think...
! :wink: