Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2005, 10:53 pm

I have a script, and good descriptions. All I need is someone to draw it. You probably won't get paid, unless this ever becomes popular. I hope to have a website up, as soon as I have enough time to make one, and a webcomic.
Here you go! :D

Setting: Amphitheatre, a medium-sized outdoor theatre...has stage and cement step-shaped seating
Characters:
Ben- Pear shaped, 210 lbs., 5'11...sort of fat, but hard to tell...wearing baggy pants tight at waist (thanks to generic braided black belt), white shoes, funny shirt...brown eyes, haircut: "high and tight"(like military characters in fighting games), dirty blonde/light brown hair...color: white, lightly tanned
Ryan- Skinny, 110 lbs., 5'6...looks annorexic, and doesn't eat often... wearing faded black pants (no belt), black sneakers with white rubber soles, gray shirt... green/blue eyes, haircut: "neck length, litlle greasy, somewhat curled", brown hair...color: white, not pale, but not as tan as Ben
Clain- Gangly, 160 lbs., 6'3... tall, some muscles showing in arms... wearing loose, baggy faded white/gray jnco jeans with large tear in one leg near bottom and rip in knee on opposite leg(no belt), brown, grease stained shoes, black shirt with the words "n0r+0n 5ux0rz"(font like goth t's)... green eyes w/ little blue, haircut: similar to Ryan's, but shorter and denser, dark brown hair... color: white,"light brown" tan
Story:
Ben talking to Ryan at Stage of Amphitheatre: Hey Ryan!
Ryan: Oh, hey Ben.
Ben: Isn't there a holiday this Sunday?
Ryan: Yeah, I think it has something to do with flowers and chocolstes... who cares?
Ben: OH NO! Valentines Day
B: What am I going to do?! I have to give a gift to _______.
R: Oh man (sarcasm), what to do?
B: (runs off and bumps into Clain) Clain! Valentines Day is this Sunday!
Clain: Holy shi*, you're f***in kidding, right!?
B: No, I'm not kidding.
C: I guess I should get something for my gf...Wait a sec! Why the hell do you care? You don't even have a gf.
B: (blushes a little)...
C: (loudly) Hey everybody!! ! Ben's blushing!! !
END OF COMIC

I expect it to be at least 6 frames. Any style is appreciated. I'm trying to be as specific as I can, if you have a question, feel free to ask. Verical/Horizontal frame setup.

12 123
34 456
56 OR 789

TheBladeRoden
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2005, 12:02 am

hmm, so why are these guys at the ampitheatre?

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2005, 12:12 am

Quote:
hmm, so why are these guys at the ampitheatre?

Umm...

Setting: Amphitheatre, a medium-sized outdoor theatre...has stage and cement step-shaped seating... Lunch is being eaten....other people in crowd other than main characters (groups): People plaing hacky-sack (wearing mostly punk-rock or hard-rock fans) near wheelchair entrance, along wheelchair entrance to stage is nerdy anime/gamer fans, rednecks on opposite side along stair entrance, goths on cement seating. You don't have to be completely stereotypical with the other people, these are just guidelines. This is also a high school setting. Ben and Ryan are center stage, having Ben jumping down off stage would be smart. You could put Clain in the hacky sack circle and have Ben join while talking if you'd like. Just some additions I thought of. :)

Tom
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2005, 2:09 am

I could give it a try, but I don't really have the manga drawing style.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2005, 4:11 pm

I really don't care what style anyone uses. As long as you're not using crayons, I'm fine with it.

Feste-Fenris
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2005, 6:01 pm

Stop your prejudice against crayon users!

We crayon users have had to endure years of persecution just because our drawings look like a 5-year old got bored...

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2005, 11:21 pm

:P Crayons! How do you think a crayon drawing would look after being scanned? Photoshopping it into it's original state would be hell. That, and no one can really color in the lines with a crayon. 8)

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2005, 10:41 pm

Sooooo.......does anybody want to help me out? :roll:

Prometheus
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2005, 8:16 am

I could make a 3d rendered arena for ya. . . . .

and render it in penguin (cartoony renderer stuff)

need to know details. . .I already made a basketball-style arena that might be useful.

cartoony renderings look like my avatar, for example

Prometheus
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2005, 9:57 am

ok. . . .I uploaded a few things to image shack

I just wanted you to have an idea of what I could do. No, I can't draft people (unless you want the fisher-toy look. . .)

Image is something that is the result of rendering in "ink" which means it was not touched up by photoshop. The colors are flatter (yes, I can make this in more than a couple colors) and more "amine" in some ways

This has been realistically rendered in raytrace and all that stuff, but I ran it through the "posterize" photoshop filter. Has a lot more detail than the above but the filter really picks up on any places where 2 meshes meet in the origanal file. . . .

Edited some SP errors

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2005, 11:19 pm

Umm... I'd like to see what people rendering would look like, just for fun. I really like the second picture btw.

Prometheus
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2005, 10:16 am

Ok, I warned you that people rendering looks like, well, the baby fisher price toys. I suggest you just make the people yourself or find some one else for that.

The amphitheater is largely finished, but I would like some more input from you. No floors yet!

(View from behind glass soundome)

(front view)

Oh, and I am not exactly doing this for free. I want another Super Alan Turing story! You can post it on WP for all to see. write a good one and I'll be a happy camper.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2005, 4:29 pm

Oh, the amphitheatre's outdoors, it has no roof. There's a rised cement platform (for performances) with a wheelchair entrance and a stairway entrance. It's about 5 feet off the ground. The stage itself is semi-circle and about 12 feet radius. Inbetween the stage and the seating there's a 10 foot wide space for walking. The seating is basically cement steps 6 inches high with foot long intervals. The entire seating rises about 15 feet off the ground maximum.

Quote:
I want another Super Alan Turing story!

Is there something I don't know about? What's "Super Alan Turing" story?

Prometheus
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2005, 2:08 pm

Super Alan Turing VS SPace Hitler. . . .ring a bell?

BlackLiger
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2005, 3:55 pm

Thats Ghosthunters, Starship Wrongplanet.

Prometheus
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2005, 9:18 am

::really confused now::

hmm. . .can you offer me some webspace then?