Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 4:59 pm

The now-concluded " farewell shows " (uh huh) by the GDead makes me wonder - Does anyone here like the GD ???
Now , " The Aspie Deadhead " sorta sounds like a would-be Saturday Night Live sketch :lol: ...Did your parents like 'em ?
Were YOU the product of a backrows canoodle at a Dead concert - and the brown acid :P ! !? Hehehehehe 8)
I've meant to post this for a while , now I'm rushing it and overdoing the jokes/'moties ~ as usual :x .
I was never really a fan ~ And , as far as buying any of their record releases , well...

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 5:50 pm

I saw them onpril Fools day in 1985 just to say that I'd seen them. Their live shows and the whole 60's gypsy caravan was a neat experience, and the show was pretty good. They were a live band with the caveat that when they were having a good night, it would be a fun show, but when they were having a bad night they weren't so good. --Their studio stuff generally sucked.

--That being said, I'm sure that you know there is a collection of bootlegs from practically every Greatful Dead show at the Internet Archive site.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 5:55 pm

I think I'm one of the rare fans who loves the studio and live stuff.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2015, 12:38 am

I'm not a huge fan of theirs but I do like some of their music. I have their Skeletons from the Closet: The Best of Grateful Dead album for the few songs of theirs that I like.