Has anyone else here heard of The Growlers, or like them?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2018, 2:20 am

Seriously awesome band, but it seems like a lot of people haven't even heard of them. They are sort of neo-psychedelia, but they don't sound like any of the other bands of that genre, they certainly aren't just another Tame Impala knock off...that is for sure. Unfortunately the one time I have seen them in a concert it was a terrible experience, just not a good night for me to keep the story short....so I would like to see them again and get a better concert experience.

Kelby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2018, 2:57 am

Nope, but, based on your description, I will have to check them out... I hope you get to see them again in the future!

Embla
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Jan 2018, 5:04 am

YES! Discovered them a year ago and have been listening to them almost every day ever since.
I like your description of the music. I've been describing it as surf-punk.
They are the only band I would want to see live. I really hope I get the chance some day. And that you get to see them again in better circumstances.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2018, 5:38 am

Embla wrote:
YES! Discovered them a year ago and have been listening to them almost every day ever since.
I like your description of the music. I've been describing it as surf-punk.
They are the only band I would want to see live. I really hope I get the chance some day. And that you get to see them again in better circumstances.

The reason I really got into them was this single video:

Specifically this song and video is what grabbed my attention, and then I found I pretty much like all their stuff. Also it was right when I was wondering why there were no really good newer psycedelic band then I heard that and was like...nevermind.

Embla
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jan 2018, 9:15 am

I really found them very long ago, but only the one song (people don't change) and then I forgot about it in some youtube playlist. When I found it again last year and finally decided to check out more of their songs, holy heck what a happy surprise!
I really like that song (and video) as well. It was one of the first ones I found on my "discovery-tour". Have actually been singing it a lot today :)

I agree on "pretty much all their stuff". I'm usually very selective with songs, and all bands I listen to has some songs I really like, and some that I don't. I often get disappointed when I check out a band because of one great song, and find out that the rest is bad. But with these guys, of course there are songs that I like more than others, but I can't name a single one that I don't like.