Industrial and Electronic Body Music

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

aspergers_patrick
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Jul 2005, 1:00 pm

I listen to this type of music. I hear alot of Aspies listen to it. There is something with synthesizers that makes my brain-dance, depending ofcourse on the tune. Informatik are prodigious at making EBM. There is one tune called "Autonomous (Constant Surveillance Remix)". Check it out, it makes your brain shake. Also check out "Revolutions" by them. Music helps me imagine and I love it.

Tekneek
Toucan
Toucan

17 Jul 2005, 1:50 pm

I used to really be into this, but I am not familiar with anything new outside of bands I liked from the past. I've listened to a lot of Skinny Puppy and related bands, as well as Front 242 and Front Line Assembly. I could go on, but I don't know how familiar you would be with artists from the late 80s and early 90s in the genre.

Vision
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Jul 2005, 2:04 pm

I like synthesized music, mostly electronic dance music.

SINsister
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2005, 11:58 am

Word. \m/

~Steve Jobs

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2005, 8:40 pm

If your into some of the darker and more intelligent techno I think I can make a few recommendations.

One one hand you definitely wanna check out some of Adam Beyer's older stuff like Analyzer, Drumcode 1.6, there were a few more that were dark and mysterious like that but I can't remember the names. Plastikman's got some of that kind of stuff on his Decks, EFX, and 909 cd.

As far as some other real deep, dark, and creeky kind of stuff I'd definitely recommend Chris Liberator and Dave the Drummer, specifically Nu Skool Fever, Rolling, Progress, Effective Therapy, Disturbance by Vibe Bar Rejects, you'd also wanna look into Lawrie Immersion and Rowland the Bas**rd (fill in the *s though) cuz they've got a few good tracks out like that themselves. Pounding Grooves is another name you wanna check (its really Lawrie Immersion trying to do some experimental stuff more anonymously) and one guy who's been on fire with a few tracks, Chris McCormack - though like Chris Liberator and Dave the Drummer some of it's really on, some of it's really off; gotta pick and choose.

Aside from that, one of the best Detroit Djs for their style of stormers is Dj T1000, kinda repetative but its hardhitting detroit techno for sure.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin