Explaining Humans by Dr. Camilla Pang

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2020, 5:39 am

I just read this, it was quite enjoyable.
A very aspie way of using science as analogy for understanding human behaviour.
Anyone else read it?

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2020, 10:50 am

No, but I did read an interesting interview with her in New Scientist last month. I'll have to track down a copy.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2020, 10:55 am

Dr. Camilla Pang holds a Ph.D. in Biochemistry from University College London and is a Postdoctoral Scientist specializing in Translational Bioinformatics.  At the age of eight, Camilla was diagnosed with Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD), and ADHD at 26-years-old.  She struggled to understand the world around her, and once asked her mother if there was "an instruction manual for humans".

Her first book, Explaining Humans, is a guide to navigating life, love and relationships using the lessons she’s learned in her scientific career so far, drawing on examples from how the different proteins in the human body can reflect the different roles in a social group, to the way how light refracts through a prism helping her to break down fear into something manageable.

Camilla completed her degree in biochemistry at the University of Bristol, and went on to gain a Ph.D. in bioinformatics from University College London.  Her current work uses disease and cancer data, along with machine learning methods, to find patterns that can be used in healthcare and lead to the development of therapies.

Camilla is an active volunteering researcher for cancer research groups at the Francis Crick Institute in London, and also works on her own projects within psychology, science communication, and the arts.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2020, 5:36 am

So... have you read it, Fnord?
I thought someone here might have :shrug: