Just a little something I doodled while I was bored...

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2023, 10:31 pm

What do you guys think?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2023, 11:23 pm

Looks good.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2023, 11:25 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Looks good.

Do you recognize what all symbols I drew?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2023, 12:31 am

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Looks good.

Ouroboros, the card suites, sun and moon, ankh, yin-yang, a crown, the Lancaster rose and a lily.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2023, 12:41 am

Nice! (I accidentally put my computer in sleep mode trying to hit the exclamation mark)

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2023, 12:52 am

funeralxempire wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Looks good.

Ouroboros, the card suites, sun and moon, ankh, yin-yang, a crown, the Lancaster rose and a lily.

Very close! :D Actually I was just trying to draw a wild rose and lily like those featured on some of the RWS tarot cards (like The Magician for example).

But whose to say that they can't be symbolic of the Lancaster Rose and Fleur-de-lis? :flower:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2023, 12:58 am

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Looks good.

Very close! :D Actually I was just trying to draw a wild rose and lily like those featured on some of the RWS tarot cards (like The Magician for example).

But whose to say that they can't be symbolic of the Lancaster Rose and Fleur-de-lis? :flower:

I figured the lily was naturalistic, but the rose looked pretty similar to the Lancaster one. I was on the fence about whether to identify it as a rose or the Lancaster rose.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2023, 1:10 am

funeralxempire wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Looks good.

I figured the lily was naturalistic, but the rose looked pretty similar to the Lancaster one. I was on the fence about whether to identify it as a rose or the Lancaster rose.

Maybe somewhere in my subconscious that was what I had in mind? ;)

I'm pretty unfamiliar with the history of "The War of the Roses" but every time I see the combination of red roses and white lilies in Rider Waite Smith's tarot cards I get a kind of "France and England together" kind of vibe. After all one country is known for its lily symbol and the other for its rose symbols.