Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Snoopy
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Aug 2007, 11:24 am

Which Metal singer do you most see as an Aspie ?

nickname323
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Aug 2007, 1:14 pm

idk maybe Maynard James Keenan of Tool

Lonermutant
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2007, 1:43 pm

Karl Sanders and Dallas Toler-Wade of Nile, Brent Hinds of Mastodon (I think the drummer, Brann Dailor is an Aspie too) and possibly Matt Pike of High On Fire too.

Snoopy
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Aug 2007, 4:29 pm

I'd go with Axl Rose, Phil Anselmo, Ozzy Osbourne, Marilyn Manson, Jonathan Davis and Buckethead. Anyone agree ?

Last edited by Snoopy on 19 Aug 2007, 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lonermutant
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2007, 4:35 pm

Snoopy wrote:
I'd go with Axl Rose [and maybe Slash] from Guns N Roses, Phil Anselmo from Pantera, Ozzy Osbourne from Black Sabbath, Marilyn Manson, Buckethead, and Nikki Sixx from Motley Crue. Anyone agree ?

I forgot to mention Axl Rose! In many videos he's obviously stimming, because he's making a rotating movement with his shoulders.

Snoopy
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Aug 2007, 4:51 pm

Lonermutant wrote:
Snoopy wrote:
I'd go with Axl Rose [and maybe Slash] from Guns N Roses, Phil Anselmo from Pantera, Ozzy Osbourne from Black Sabbath, Marilyn Manson, Buckethead, and Nikki Sixx from Motley Crue. Anyone agree ?

I forgot to mention Axl Rose! In many videos he's obviously stimming, because he's making a rotating movement with his shoulders.

This might sound dumb but what exactly is stimming ?

RPM
Raven
Raven

18 Aug 2007, 5:08 pm

Snoopy wrote:

Axl Rose was diagnosed with Bipolar and he has said the Lithium has not helped him, Ozzy Osbourne said in interviews that he has Dyslexia and ADHD and so do his kids (well Aimee Osbourne herself said she has Dyslexia, Sharon commented on Jack's ADHD on one of the Osbourne episodes when she was talking to Jack, and i'm sure Kelly has something too, well Ozzy said that Jack and Kelly both had same things he has).

Marilyn Manson does suffer from Depression and has been a cutter before, I never did notice any Autistic behaviors in Phil Anselmo when I saw him perform with Pantera and Down (I saw Pantera twice and Down once), 2nd time I saw Pantera a fight broke out near my seat and Phil told the fighters to knock it off.

You know what, I did wonder actually if Jack Osbourne (Ozzy's son) might have Autism.

The late Syd Barrett from Pink Floyd who was said to be Schizophrenic is alleged to have possibly been Autistic.

I actually have suspected that Talena Atfield who use to play Bass for Kittie might be Autistic as well.

Gary Neuman (famous for the song Cars) actually was diagnosed with Asperger's and he said it did explain a lot about him.

I heard that the singer from the Psychadelic Furs is Autistic himself

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2007, 8:30 pm

I still have a hard time believing Marilyn Manson/Brian Warner has AS. I love his music, but let's face it, his entire media persona is fake, he's said so himself--even his moniker of Marilyn Monroe/Charles Manson was designed to be commentary on how fake show business is. Most aspies could never stand living their entire lives as a lie like Manson does, because most aspies hate lies.

SpectreWithin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Aug 2007, 4:46 am

Lonermutant wrote:
... and possibly Matt Pike of High On Fire too.

Out of curiosity, why do you think Matt Pike might be aspie? He's one of my favorite musicians - I love High on Fire / Sleep. He never particularly struck me as aspie but maybe I'm missing something.

Lonermutant
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2007, 5:09 am

SpectreWithin wrote:
Lonermutant wrote:
... and possibly Matt Pike of High On Fire too.

Out of curiosity, why do you think Matt Pike might be aspie? He's one of my favorite musicians - I love High on Fire / Sleep. He never particularly struck me as aspie but maybe I'm missing something.

I know that both Pike and Brent Hinds are known for self medicating with drugs in periods of their life. Possibly beacuse of anxiety.

Lonermutant
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2007, 5:11 am

Snoopy wrote:
Lonermutant wrote:
Snoopy wrote:

This might sound dumb but what exactly is stimming ?

It's a way of calming oneself by doing something physical. I twitch, rub my fingers or hands and I click my tounge.

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2007, 11:47 am

I've always thought Jonathan Davis was one, but I reckon he's "damaged" through his s**t childhood.

Snoopy
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Aug 2007, 5:23 pm

Alternative wrote:
I've always thought Jonathan Davis was one, but I reckon he's "damaged" through his sh** childhood.

I've wondered about Davis too, what made you think he was an Aspie ?

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2007, 7:45 pm

The lead singer of KoRn? I'd be surprised....

Honestly, the criteria for being aspie isn't just being damaged or depressed...if that was the case we could say Amy Lee was aspie (which I doubt, though I love her). We could even say that about the friggin' Nickelback guy. Oh, lookie, this person's depressed or strange or nerdy, they must be aspie!

psychotic
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Aug 2007, 8:55 pm

not many do most likely... I have serious doubts that anyone mentioned in this thread has anything close to AS. from what I've seen here, I don't think blaring metal concerts would be the most suitable environment for aspies to perform in...

a mental disorder that might be more common in metal could be schizotypal personality disorder, especially in power/death/black/gothic stuff where the lyrics have a lot to do with fantasy and death...

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2007, 3:51 am

Snoopy wrote:
Alternative wrote:
I've always thought Jonathan Davis was one, but I reckon he's "damaged" through his sh** childhood.

I've wondered about Davis too, what made you think he was an Aspie ?

Dunno, by the way he stims on stage? :?